VW Emissions Fix loss of torque Leon CR 170

jacko_86

Hiphopopotamus
Mar 4, 2008
Hi guys, just had my emissions 'fix' applied to my 2012 Leon FR+ this weekend. Not happy. The torque at the bottom end of the rev range is noticeably reduced and as a result the car doesnt seem to pull as well. Im going to be taking this up with Seat this week but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience on the 170 CR engine? Apologies if Ive missed a similar post elsewhere.

jacko_86

Hiphopopotamus
Mar 4, 2008
The fix must affected the fuelling at the bottom end where the emissions must have been high. Feel like asking them to put the old map back on but theres fat chance of that happening now. Anyone else actually had this done? Dont want it to be just my perception. Wish I had a dyno test before and after.

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
Took mine a few weeks ago asked all about the new emissions test and what they were going to do, told them I was thinking of getting a remap so they said don't go a head with it so didn't

Matt cla

Jul 9, 2014
Nottingham
I received a letter last week telling me that I can now book the car in. Pretty hesitant to do it at the minute though, I think I'll wait until I've seen more reviews about the impact. Pretty sure the letter states that no impact will be made to performance but I find that hard to believe if emissions are being reduced.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
The torque at the bottom end of the rev range is noticeably reduced and as a result the car doesnt seem to pull as well.

Thanks for the warning. I got my letter a couple of days back and having had it flashed back to stock briefly was tempted to get the fix applied. But think I'll skip it.

told them I was thinking of getting a remap so they said don't go a head with it so didn't

Got mine booked in for Saturday for Revo Stage 1 so guess that answers that.

Pretty sure the letter states that no impact will be made to performance but I find that hard to believe if emissions are being reduced.

Yeah, the letter said no reduction in bhp, torque or mpg. Maybe they mean no reduction in peak torque / bhp.

jacko_86

Hiphopopotamus
Mar 4, 2008
Revo sounds like a plan. Dont get me wrong its still poky but it has lost that initial pull that it had to be honest. Would still be good to hear how some other guys/girls have got on.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Read a lot on VW sites and people are not with the result, a lot are not replying to requests to have their car booked in for the "fix?"

markh2908

Apr 13, 2013
Renfrew
Is the fix mandatory? Contemplating just ignoring the letter to book my car in as I have stage 1 software on my CR170 anyway.. will it affect anything?

hilly81

Apr 28, 2014
Little Sutton
I can't understand why anyone would let VAG anywhere near their perfectly running car. Tell them to knackers unless it's required by law.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.