Anyone ordered yet?

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Yeah. About right.

Took it out for a drive today and it’s amazing how I’ve gone without it.

My arm naturally just rested on it. Very comfortable

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Wow...it looks good and Im sure makes a big difference but not sure I'd want to pay that much for an armrest. I thought £150 was a lot for my Leon oem armrest.
Is It removable without damaging the centre console..?

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Wow...it looks good and Im sure makes a big difference but not sure I'd want to pay that much for an armrest. I thought £150 was a lot for my Leon oem armrest.
Is It removable without damaging the centre console..?

To Remove:

Remove plastic back cover. (Pops off)
Remove 2 hex bolts from left/right side.
Remove rear 2 hex nuts.

Lift up/slide back. Off it pops.

Zero damage to the console.

Reactions: PhilYerBoots

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Nice...worth considering then as we're getting an Arona next year which apparently has the same interior so should be same procedure.

Also as it's on a PCH deal I could remove armrest at end of contract to return the car back to stock spec and sell on to get some money back.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Nice...worth considering then as we're getting an Arona next year which apparently has the same interior so should be same procedure.

The armrest is standard on the xcellence Arona. Just a pity you can't get the xcellence trims with the 1.5 TSI, that's the main reason why I didn't buy one.

Last edited:

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
The armrest is standard on the xcellence Arona. Just a pity you can't get the xcellence trims with the 1.5 TSI, that's the main reason why I didn't buy one.

I know, but we found a cheap PCH deal for the SE Tech DSG (which has enough kit for us tbh..) and the jump in price to Xcellence trim was ridiculous.

In some ways it makes sense to keep the range simple by making you spec up if you want more kit as options slow down build times I guess.

But as you say maybe they should give more choice of engines/gearboxes to all the trim levels so you can find exactly what you want. My ideal pick would have been SE Tech 1st Edition if they did it with the 115/dsg combo.

Initially I was thinking 1.5 evo but there's no dsg option yet and after driving the 3 pot 1.0 115 dsg we were pleasantly surprised with it's performance.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Hey!
I ordered my ibiza on the 20th October. Am concerned about the time it will take though, as my specs are a bit...long?
I got the 1.5 EVO TSI, 18inch FR wheels, full LED headlights, Beats Audio, Alcantara seating, dual zone climate control, vision plus pack, metallic Nevada white painwork and finally keyless entey and go.
Dealer tomd me end if Feb/March but I told him I’d want the 2018 plate.
Thoughts?

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Got a bit nosey today and took armrest of our Xcellence model which is a black armrest with fake leather. Surprising it has the part code of what should be sand/beige model??

39038696672_905c1e973a_b.jpg

It does say Titanschwarz (Titan Black) though ??? I don’t recall ever seeing the new Ibiza with anything other than a black trim, so perhaps the other websites are wrong in their colour descriptions.

Last edited:

alanplum

Jul 16, 2017
Well that is very interesting.

As you say the only logical explanation would be everyone has beige/brown wrong and should be leatherette.

I’m glad I’m not the one shelling out 350 to find out!!

Good effort removing for a peek though :)

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Hi all, I’m planning on putting in my order next week for the Ibiza FR. For those interested, the spec I have in mind right now is 115 DSG Auto, mystery blue, 18” performance wheels, LED Headlights, leather interior, Beats Audio, Vision Pack Plus, KESSY Keyless entry, Adaptive cruise control and Connectivity Box. I was just wondering if anyone could confirm a few things for me before I order as my local dealer had no FRs in at all right now.
1. How good is the beats audio over the standard system?
2. When buying the beats audio option, do you also get the spare wheel? I only ask because it seems to show the spare tyre as a feature of the option on the pricing brochure for the Ibiza.
3. What are your thoughts on the DSG box? There are pretty much no reviews of it online I can find.
4. What exactly is the point of the dual zone climate control and should I consider speccing it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Dual zone is for partners (or any passenger) who wont leave my bloody AC alone when they're in the passenger seat. My MIL is the absolute worst.
Luckily for her husband his Merc has dual AC so she can f**k about with the temperature on her side as much as she likes.

DSG is a delight to drive...when it works. To many problems reported with it over the years for me to buy one.

LED headlights are the nuts.

Last edited:

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Dual zone is for partners (or any passenger) who wont leave my bloody AC alone when they're in the passenger seat. My MIL is the absolute worst.
Luckily for her husband his Merc has dual AC so she can f**k about with the temperature on her side as much as she likes.

DSG is a delight to drive...when it works. To many problems reported with it over the years for me to buy one.

LED headlights are the nuts.

Ah I see, thanks. I think I may just spec it so I have it. Probably won't get used much but looks a little nicer than the normal system. Have you got any experience with the beats audio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
For those that have ordered a 1.0 DSG or 1.5 and have taken delivery can you please let me know your thoughts? Thanks.