Front brakes on Lcr

Timmbo71

Quit your jibber jabber!!
Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
Hi, can any1 help.. my lcr has done just over 13.000 miles and i need 2 service it soon but not shore if brakes will make it. dont really wana pay dealer prices as hav heard are V V expensive. Any 1 now wot kinda pads and discs to go 4? am a mechanic so fitting aint a problem. cheers tim.

quattroman

Sep 26, 2003
Devon
Visit site
I have 3 sets of Galfer 1045's -1 set of 1055's and 2 sets of 1065's left over from the Galfer group buy i did last year.
I am using the 1055's myself and I have to say are really impressed with them-1045s are ok for everyday driving but I will be really honest and say that they are not as good as the OE pads eventhough OE pads are made by Galfer but a different compound.
The 1065's are classed by Galfer as trackday pads-but have not used them myself, so cant comment on how good or bad they are.
1055's replaced my 1045's and are much better I feel- As I said only 1 set of 1055's left

Prices including SeatCupra.Net discount :-
1045's £45.89 delivered
1055's £65.93 delivered
1056's £99.64 delivered
Let me know if you want any of them.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but my Galfer 1055's have scored my discs really badly. Is this a common trait ?

quattroman

Sep 26, 2003
Devon
Visit site
Mine have done this as well on my new Galfer discs -not deep but enough to notice-would be interesting to find out if it is a common fault or normal due to friction material used.
Warrenty claim to Galfer perhaps ??

quattroman

Sep 26, 2003
Devon
Visit site
oh bugger -you all should have told me earlier and i woudnt have fitted them to mine.....and also could have sent them all back and got you all new discs ....
ok lets see how this pans out and if there are more people with these symtoms maybe we can lean on Galfer.....
Thought mine were like it due to getting grit in there ,but my new two piece discs have only been on for 3500 miles and looking pretty grooved also. 600 bl**dy quids worth
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobkaz/sets/72157594267068420/show/

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
my galfer 1045s have also scored mine quite badly too! :(

so much so that i will change the OE discs when i next change my pads meaning i only got 2 sets of pads to the one set of discs . i was hoping to have 3 sets of pads to one set of discs before i needed to change my discs, if u see what i mean?

i was about to pm you to buy my 2nd set of pads quattroman, this time going for the fast road 55s (as like you have said i agree the 45s are not quite as good as the OE galpher ones!) but if you are also experiencing bad scoring then i may go for something different! like the highly recommended feredo 2500 fast road ones

or thinking about it... i swore i saw some mintex LCR pads for about £50 somewhere on the net tonight! (just looked, cant find where! :()

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Hindsights a wonderful thing, i honest thought it was down to the harder compound, i can safely say, the pads have shagged my discs... Think people have seen how bad the scoring is,

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
oh bugger -you all should have told me earlier and i woudnt have fitted them to mine.....and also could have sent them all back and got you all new discs ....
ok lets see how this pans out and if there are more people with these symtoms maybe we can lean on Galfer.....
Thought mine were like it due to getting grit in there ,but my new two piece discs have only been on for 3500 miles and looking pretty grooved also. 600 bl**dy quids worth
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobkaz/sets/72157594267068420/show/

Not your new discs :cry: I was just looking at them earlier thinking :love:

quattroman

Sep 26, 2003
Devon
Visit site
Hindsights a wonderful thing, i honest thought it was down to the harder compound, i can safely say, the pads have shagged my discs... Think people have seen how bad the scoring is,
Sure thing -very sorry to every one but I have been stung also -not to say they dont work cause thats not true but at what cost to the discs??
I wish people had said what they were experiencing before as maybe we could have collectively done something about it.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Sure thing -very sorry to every one but I have been stung also -not to say they dont work cause thats not true but at what cost to the discs??
I wish people had said what they were experiencing before as maybe we could have collectively done something about it.

No ones blaming you fella,

quattroman

Sep 26, 2003
Devon
Visit site
so u think maybe u can do a warranty job?! :whistle:

Put it this way ...its not everyday someone buys £3000 worth of pads and discs in a group buy...it was well known even by the dealers at the time..
If I remember correctly the 1055s came in the 2nd batch or were delayed or something- from Spain- perhaps there was a manufacturing problem - Ive never seen pads shave discs like this before - we can but try - and see what happens
the only trouble is I am a bit busy at work right now so it might take a bit of time -
Best thing every one can do is send me pictures of there scored discs after using 1055 pads -I personally didnt have scores with the 1045s but hey ...
dont want to give email addy out over big air so I will clear my pm box and you can send me messages there - is that ok for every one.
I still have all the details of everyone that had 1055s so no probs there.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
No worries mate, will sort some pics out for you. Might be worth starting a new thread specifically for picture requests.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Oh dear that doesnt look good -mine arnt that bad -yet -
ok james no need to send me your pics lol

you sure?

il quite happily go out and take some UP TO DATE pics for u 2mo! lol

i guess i can do that at a later date if needs be!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.