£500 to spend on my car

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Heh, I thought people would say that. I really want to get rid of these pads, (I assume I could keep the same one's as I wouldn't actually be changing callipers) they are damn noise when braking atm :(

Are there any other pads that are cheaper than the DS2500s but still reasonably good, and not noisy buggers? I don't mind staying with OE discs, how much do the 312mm standard discs cost btw?

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Seen discs for about £80-100...

The pads yes you could use what you have, but OE set will only cost you like £60ish i think, havent checked on standard sets for years!

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Sure mate, just say when!

Discs i'm running are OE 312mm TT discs.. that have only like 1k on them...and I'm changing up to GT3 Porka set..:doh:

No need to boast! :p

Want to PM me how much you want for them. Could do with a hand fitting them aswell (I say a hand I mean teaching) hint hint.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Heh, I thought people would say that. I really want to get rid of these pads, (I assume I could keep the same one's as I wouldn't actually be changing callipers) they are damn noise when braking atm :(

Are there any other pads that are cheaper than the DS2500s but still reasonably good, and not noisy buggers? I don't mind staying with OE discs, how much do the 312mm standard discs cost btw?

EBC Red pads ..... yuck poo cack - i think the Tdi is too heavy for them, especially post remap when you're going quicker - would be worth trialling the DS2500 - not got them on yet but i've yet to hear a bad word about them from those who actually use them.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Calipers are all the same in the range except for the R, its the disc size that changes!

Tell me wrong anyone if it is, but thats my understanding of it!

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Cool, that's good to know.

Really annoys me that Seat stuck smaller discs on the heavier diesels :| Just doesn't make sense :(

And the dodgey clutches that "just" work on standard TDIs,
And releasing a Cupra R but no Diesel version and i mean a 225bhp TDi with all the uprated parts...

Seats i guess...

:shrug:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Cool, that's good to know.

Really annoys me that Seat stuck smaller discs on the heavier diesels :| Just doesn't make sense :(

It's a noticeable difference from 280 to 312 but the end result is the same - maybe if i'd bedded in properly / run decent pads it would have been enough but i fell in love with the Porsche brakes.

There will most likely be a pair of 312mm carriers coming up in the not too distant future and they won't be £114 for a pair either.

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
I get annoyed if I actually have to touch the brakes.

I'm still on the originals and the cars done 28k. (I've had it for 14k of that).

If I use engine braking well I only have to use the brakes about 20 times a day, lol. This is why the DS2500s might be overkill for me :( You tried Mintex pads?

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
No i agree it annoys me having to brake.
I mean too many people do "Comfort braking" and it annoys the hell out of me.

Call me old but dont see the point in caning it all the time and as a result having to anchor on. i would rather the engine do the work and save fuel

I did 30k with my original discs and got mine from brand new

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Indeed, there is almost no valid reason to have to brake on a motorway. Most people only have to do it because they leave stupidly small gaps between themselves and the car in front.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
I wish that was the case down here...
IN essex and london, you leave a big gap, sum to$$er will swerve into then brake hard infront of you... leave no gap some one especially in the "3rd lane" will anchor on for no god dam reason and cause a domino braking effect, bringing the M25 to a halt daily!

Other than that, i like to now and then give her abit of stick in the corners and the brakes sometimes slack off too much for my liking, so a upgrade was needed, plus the reason of a BT and injectors on the shopping list early next year, i thought i would give her the base workings a upgrade!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.