03 LCR help me save some money please

Cainey

May 23, 2006
Merseyside
Hello there,

Been a member for a couple of years but I've not posted much. However due to a recent service at a main dealer I find myself in need of some help so here I am.

Just had the 40K service on my LCR 03 which has highlighted the following issues. (with parts and labour quotes)

Bracket snapped off the back box : £269.39 (not sure if that includes a new back box or just a new bracket)

Front Pads 90% worn and discs excessively lipped on edges : £492.80 (I've searched and found Badger 5 so I'll go via him)

Turbo Oil Feed Pipe from sump dented £144.23

Requires front splitter (no price given)

Four Wheel alignment. (no price given)

If anyone can advise on where I can get these parts and fitted cheaper I'd be very grateful.

Also is it normal for a main dealer to charge for a courtesy car? What the hell is an enviromental charge too?

Cheers

Cainey

Cainey

May 23, 2006
Merseyside
Cheers UncleFester

Just read a few posts and found the bracket can normally just be welded for a few quid. So hopefully a few pennies saved there too.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Cheers UncleFester

Just read a few posts and found the bracket can normally just be welded for a few quid. So hopefully a few pennies saved there too.

For the oil pipe, try David @ Seremotors - the price you get from him will be a proper trade price, will at least let you see how much markup the dealer has put on it.

Sep 29, 2008
Midlands
Last edited:

noodle

Sep 1, 2007
southampton
front pads are a piece of cake to change and will save you 85% of the brake change (which is v. over the top), do a search on here and you'll find a great step by step guide to fitting.

Cainey

May 23, 2006
Merseyside
Can't afford to be buying pints after the servicing... you can have a can of Sainsbury's 2% lager if you're lucky and if it's on offer.