08 Ecomotive - It really is the buzzer not working...

TaDa

Jun 25, 2010
Barnstaple or thereabouts
Hi
I just changed the driver's side door lock mechanism as the courtesy lights were not going off and on as appropriate nor was the "lights on" buzzer

The old mechanism did have the worn out microswitch - so I'm glad I replaced it - I wish I'd just bought the microswitch though would have been a far cheaper solution

Anyway.... the "lights on" buzzer is still not working :mad:

I've tried looking for posts/write-ups on how to go about fixing that - but they all end with someone changing the driver lock mechanism.

So.... Has anyone had any experience in fixing the buzzer issue?

Cheers

H-M3

Apr 4, 2016
I want to bump this thread as my 2008 has started to do the same. No clicking noise when indicator or if I open door with headlights still on. Did you manage to sort this as I believe it will be the buzzer in the cluster.

TaDa

Jun 25, 2010
Barnstaple or thereabouts
Sadly, no!

I was more concerned about the security issues which it did resolve - it would have been nice if it had fixed the buzzer too

I would strongly suggest trying to fix it yourself. Its a bit of a pain getting the lock out and if you can only then send off for the replacement part you will need a way to secure the car while you take delivery (days if by post) - but it was very annoying buying the whole part and then discovering it really was just the switch wearing out as described!
If you're nifty with glue and the like you might even be able to fix the switch!

Good luck!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.