1.0 s Arosa Emissions light!

JohnnyGaymers

Hi, My AO52 red arosa's emissions light has come on the dash...Its a 1.0 s and havent had trouble with it until now.

once i have reset the light on vagcom, I turn the engine on and the revs die down slowly from around 1400rpm to 840rpm then the light comes on.vag com tells me a fault code about the egr(212) vavle.

i have cleaned the valve, I have flushed the engine and changed the oil and filters twice now.
i have also changed the air filters.

The light just wont go out, when i reset the light on vagcom it just comes back on again please help!

thanks JoHnNyGaYmErS

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
is the ECU light staying on?? mine done this for a while and it after cleaning the needle on the carbon canister sorted the problem for a while. but mine was kicking up a "bank 1 lean" error code however the exhaust stank of unburnt petrol. turns out the the llamda sensor on the manafold was away

JohnnyGaymers

Thanks for getting back to me guys,

1litre wonder; did you have to replace the lambda sensor?? if you did how much am i looking at to get that sorted?

also, where would i find the carbon canister to clean the needle (photos would be brilliant but i know its asking alot!), I'm a little amateur at this mechanics work but am really interested in sorting the problem myself if i can.

cheers again guys!

JohnnyGaymers

Just to let you know got the light off by blasting some air through the the egr valve. i used a high pressure hose form my work place and placed it on the valve pipe for about 30 secs. The car lagged quite alot until i got home and rest the codes now it runs like a dream. So if anyone you know gets this problem i would strongly advise doing this first as it costs nothing and clears the deposits that may be blocking the valve in the first place!

danielsons

Just to let you know got the light off by blasting some air through the the egr valve. i used a high pressure hose form my work place and placed it on the valve pipe for about 30 secs. The car lagged quite alot until i got home and rest the codes now it runs like a dream. So if anyone you know gets this problem i would strongly advise doing this first as it costs nothing and clears the deposits that may be blocking the valve in the first place!

hi johnny i hope you can help me i have emmision light on dash and go code p0404 egr valve how do you clean it out it looks sealed my model is arosa 2002 thanks

JohnnyGaymers

hi danielsons, the egr valve has two pipes, one going in one coming out, i couldnt undo it either. i could remove it from its fixing plate with the security screws but still couldnt get into it. take the pipe off the end that goes to the air filters then blast some air through it, hold it there for as long as you like, between 30 secs and a min would probably do it though. this should release any deposits in the valve, i tried for about six months to get the light off until i did this. once you have done it reset the codes and hope for the best. try to get a high pressure air hose, seemed to work really well. if your'e still having problems i will see if i can help. cheers Johnny G

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise