1/4 mile performance figures for TDIs

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
well mate after speaking to jabba if i get my cooling sorted along with having the head done and bigger injectors should be able to run a good amount of power but keep it reasonably clean at the same time

T10HJS

From BucksVAG.net
Feb 19, 2007
Buckinghamshire
well mate after speaking to jabba if i get my cooling sorted along with having the head done and bigger injectors should be able to run a good amount of power but keep it reasonably clean at the same time

sounds too good to bve true lol :lol: hope they get the smoke to a minimal for you as when im trying to keep up with you i cant see anything and and my CAI sucks of loads of crap.

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
My best 1/4mile time for now is 14.571sec @ 95.2mph.
I also did a 14.714sec @ 96.44mph.

These times were driven with my ex-wheels,heavy TT paraboles.
I think i'm able to ride 14.3/14.2sec @ 1/4mile because these were also with my slow reaction time :redface:

Is there at Santa Pod also a reaction time in your final 1/4mile time or does the time begins counting when the car begins rolling?

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
i think the trick is to change intio 4th gear pretty early sa flat out i 3rd you pretty much roll across the line just after the gera change, as for my car it was completely standard inside lol had all my seats spare wheel and a crate of booze in the back lol.... i also set off in second gear as i explained to allards that i do a bit of 1/4 mile times and they said the uprated helix clutch wil take the pull off the line and if careful enough dont get much wheelspin.... wil try next time with a stripped out car lol.

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
Nope - because the 14.571 clock began ticking when you moved, not when the lights went green. You effectively did a 15.653 from the exact point the lights went green. :)

Then it's different here in Belgium.
The clock begins ticking when the light goes green.
So the longer you stand still,the slower your time will be ;)
Or maybe the reaction time isn't added with the final time.

With the 1/4m time of 14.571sec i have a
60ft time of 2.42sec
1/8mile time of 9.542sec

T. Spark

My reaction time was 0.1899 seconds

Oh but I got a reaction time of -0.001 aswell ;)

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
What like they did on their own car ???:confused: Jabb`s car video
What extra bhp do Jabba say you will have after spending £2000 + on these mods ?

Hi Mate, they have said they will get as much as they can :s lol but mike was telling me that the standard injectors would only be good for upto 250bhp so by changing the injectors i would hope that i would get over the 250bhp mark and with better cooling from this big fmic i would hope that the smaoke shouldn't be as bad because as i have said before the car only smokes when the intake temps get to high... will update when i get the car back but prob wont be for a few weeks...

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
True, bigger ones make you smoke more though... good luck with this Mikey, should have got a black one!! :)

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
i thought the injectors were pretty much maxed at 230ish bhp???? am i wrong?

I reckon you're about right - 240 at a real push with lots of other mods. Mine's still on stock nozzles (for now ;)) and she's running about 230 off propane and around 245 on propane (which tops up the fuel giving better top end) She does (has done) 260 with both of them + NOS on, but I don't really run it on NOS often - More of a plaything. :D

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
Hi Mate, they have said they will get as much as they can :s lol but mike was telling me that the standard injectors would only be good for upto 250bhp so by changing the injectors i would hope that i would get over the 250bhp mark and with better cooling from this big fmic i would hope that the smaoke shouldn't be as bad because as i have said before the car only smokes when the intake temps get to high... will update when i get the car back but prob wont be for a few weeks...

Mikey-H have you been logging Intake temps while driving out and about what have you been using to measure the Intake Temps.

I still can't believe how jabba cannot produce a map for you that smokes less, while others can do it with no more smoke then a standard remapped tdi 130. Paying £2000 odd for a new parts is mad "but if you have it - why not" New injectors should be able to help run at least 260+ bhp if mapped correctly.

Did you every manage to scan or take a digi photo of your original Dyno print out from jabba, PM me with it if you prefer, I am just interested to see it and compare.

Do you have any idea how much boost you are running and what boost it logs at 4000 rpm and 4500 rpm ?

MattFrench

No poke without smoke
Jan 16, 2007
www.rsfrench.com
From what i have seen standard injectors have a limit but like most figures are not set in stone. if just uprating the turbo i would say yes there is a limit of around 230 bhp,but of corse with other mods this can be raised. If tuned to a suitable level with a good map minimal smoke should be seen, If you want the max from your car your going to see excess smoke.

Im going down the route of a vt5, with larger nozzels, hopefully with little smoke, Meaning i will not be getting huge figures.

I am very interested in results seen with polished and ported head. would be good to see some before and after dynos. are jabba just taking a dremel to it or i they performing some flow measurements etc???

Wanting to take my leon down the pod, I am aiming for low 15's.

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
From what i have seen standard injectors have a limit but like most figures are not set in stone. if just uprating the turbo i would say yes there is a limit of around 230 bhp,but of corse with other mods this can be raised. If tuned to a suitable level with a good map minimal smoke should be seen, If you want the max from your car your going to see excess smoke.

Im going down the route of a vt5, with larger nozzels, hopefully with little smoke, Meaning i will not be getting huge figures.

I am very interested in results seen with polished and ported head. would be good to see some before and after dynos. are jabba just taking a dremel to it or i they performing some flow measurements etc???

Wanting to take my leon down the pod, I am aiming for low 15's.

I am sure with this set-up you will see Low 15's High 14's. When it comes to tuning Stage 2 TDI's it is not as black and white as 1 map on the rollers then part with some cash and drive home, any good tuner should take time to perfect the map, from what I understand from spending hours of researching is that there are many aspects that can affect the final figures and true on road performance and smoke test's.

Obviously as more and more people get Stage 2 Turbos for there TDI's mapping will become more efficent in getting it right first time.

Mine runs a Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics Turbo, Chippedire.com mapping and Milltek straight through exhaust. It can run 0-100 in a tad under 15's all the while the smoke output is more then acceptable, if anything i could increase the mid-range fuelling a little more but for me it is perfect the way it is. I would love some injectors next, but cant help thinking I have spent enough as it is all the while the car just keeps depreciating and I hate losing money !

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.