1.4 TSI ACT DSG

Oct 14, 2019
I have been looking for the facelift Leon FR in Monsoon Grey 1.4 150BHP ACT DSG (preferably with the convenience pack) since last November on Autotrader and Approved Used SEAT website but all of them that comes up are manual so I have decided to wait till March/April where some PCP/lease cars comes back so I'm wondering is the 150BHP ACT DSG version difficult to find or should I just instead go for the manual?

Also, how do you guys find the DSG gearbox in the 1.4, is it lively and no hesitation in 1st and 2nd gear when pulling away?

Thanks

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
I have a White Fr Titanium Technology with the 1.4 150BP Petrol DSG and I love it to bits. Had the car since September 2017 and its fantastic. The 1.4 DSG pulls away fine in 1st and 2nd in dry conditions. Only thing to watch out for is wheel 'hopping' when its damp conditions when going full pedal to the metal in 1st or 2nd, its not a great feeling.

This was the first DSG i've ever had and I dont think I would ever get a manual again. I would recommend trying to arranage a test drive of the 1.4 DSG at a local dealer, I managed to get one at a local Arnold Clark before pulling the trigger on my leon.

Reactions: Walone
Oct 14, 2019
I have a White Fr Titanium Technology with the 1.4 150BP Petrol DSG and I love it to bits. Had the car since September 2017 and its fantastic. The 1.4 DSG pulls away fine in 1st and 2nd in dry conditions. Only thing to watch out for is wheel 'hopping' when its damp conditions when going full pedal to the metal in 1st or 2nd, its not a great feeling.

This was the first DSG i've ever had and I dont think I would ever get a manual again. I would recommend trying to arranage a test drive of the 1.4 DSG at a local dealer, I managed to get one at a local Arnold Clark before pulling the trigger on my leon.
Good to know that it pulls away fine in 1st and 2nd gear as I read some DSG gearbox has the hesitation to go especially at roundabouts but after having a VW Polo manual, my next car will definitely be a DSG and I have booked a test drive on Saturday to see how it feels.

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Good to know that it pulls away fine in 1st and 2nd gear as I read some DSG gearbox has the hesitation to go especially at roundabouts but after having a VW Polo manual, my next car will definitely be a DSG and I have booked a test drive on Saturday to see how it feels.
The only issue I've had at roundabouts is the start stop kicking in when I want to pull away :banghead2 but apart from that nothing else. Good luck with the test drive!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.