1.4TSI ACT FR vs 1.8TSi FR

Toon

drives a Leon 1.8DSG
Mar 25, 2014
South East
Got to agree with Mr Mustard, if your 1.8 is not kicking in until around 3500 rpm then you really are missing out. Mine is a 2013 DSG model and pulls strongly from way below that figure. I'm in Hertfordshire if you ever make it this far north, would be more than happy for you to compare it with yours.

FRvirgin

Jan 3, 2016
S Yorks
No chain and its mpi so no build up.
I understand 1.8 is still chain driven, but 1.4 is belt. According to Skoda forums, the latest gen 180 TSI does have twin injectors so does both direct injection into cylinders and also indirect through valves which should help manage carbon build up, fingers crossed!

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
I've just noticed that the power output for the 1.8TSI petrol engine fitted to the VW Polo GTI is quoted as 192PS with maximum torque of 320Nm for the manual and 250Nm for the 7-speed DSG version.

Interesting that the power output from what seems to be an identical engine option on the SEAT Leon FR is only quoted as 180PS and the torque figure for the manual 1.8TSI Leon FR is limited to 250Nm to match the maximum torque design limits imposed by the 7-speed DSG gearbox.

I wonder if the facelifted Leon expected later this year will restate the power output for the 1.8TSI engine as 192PS, as they did when they "increased" the power output of the Leon Cupra from 280PS to 290PS. Maybe the 1.8TSI Leon FR engine is therefore already really 192PS?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.