1.8 20vt supercharger

YellowLcr.Gr

Sep 7, 2023
athens
i had a crazy idea.i was thinking of twincharging my leon 1.8t and adding a supercharger as the 1.4 tsi are from the factory.
has anyone ever done it? is it worth it? and what are the parts needed? :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Pass. From working on a 1.4 twin charge vs 1.8 turbo in Ibiza though, lots of ancillaries are different. Even when manufacturers have listed parts as compatible such as oil cooler / take off plates etc, they are different. Unless you’re willing to get into modifying lots of components then I doubt it will ever be a bolt on job. That said, I do have a spare 1.4 twin charger with all the ancillaries this end so could compare if needs be. Head gasket went so bought an entire spare so could work on one whilst keeping car moveable. You would also be best run a standalone ecu as the factory one for the 1.4 twin has some weird tables in it compared to most other things vag. Spent nearly 16 hours on rolling road trying to get this one running sweet (including lots of remote logging by a well known tuning company) so all doable but it’s not an easy or cheap job. You will be better off just sticking a more modern, hybrid turbo on it to get rid of some of the lag. Far easier route imho

YellowLcr.Gr

Sep 7, 2023
athens
i am not going to use the 1.4 parts. i refered the twin 1.4 as an example. i was thinking more of a eatom m62 maybe

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Fair play. I still think you will need to do a fair bit of fabrication work to make things fit but that’s half the fun. If it was easy, everyone would do it