1.8t build guides (forging the engine)

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I’ve deceived to forge my own engine after being let down but before I commit is there any good written or video step by step guides I could look at?

I’ve got rods and exhaust values (head will be sent off) but may need to get some new tools (rather buy them then pay someone). Car will have an AET 380 turbo fitted but iam tempted to scrap that and go for a garret 660 (as there’s a better choice of manifold over the China fold) if I can keep the build costs down (don’t want to cut corners).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I cant help but a comprehensive build thread with loads of pix would be good.
Id love to forge my engine but dont have the facilities.
Good luck with it.
Rich

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I’ve deceived to forge my own engine after being let down but before I commit is there any good written or video step by step guides I could look at?

I’ve got rods and exhaust values (head will be sent off) but may need to get some new tools (rather buy them then pay someone). Car will have an AET 380 turbo fitted but iam tempted to scrap that and go for a garret 660 (as there’s a better choice of manifold over the China fold) if I can keep the build costs down (don’t want to cut corners).

Loads of 1.8t vids on youtube mate

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
As Connor said. Have a look at decimal tenths . They do a complete build from empty block. And start by telling you how to check the block for wear and limits etc. Highly recommend boys up there.
I don't think badger 5 have any videos or indepth details on the "how too" of the engine build but more a list of what got thrown I the mixing pot.
But other than that you tube is a unlimited mine of knowledge. And I would say a lot of it it can come from some unkowlageable people so just be warned of what you watch.

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Cheers all, been watching the Decimal Tenth videos but what I will need is a Haynes type manual for all torque values and tolerances etc.

I know they never did a Leon specific but assume the golf mk4 would be the best match?

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Hi bud, they do a digital online version you can buy, don't know if that's of any help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220512-162032_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220512-162032_Samsung Internet.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 73