1.8T Large port exhaust manifolds...?

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
OK I know A&M have just released one for the Ibiza and thats what has got me thinking, but before I jump the gun and buy one does anyone have any views on large port exhaust manifolds?

Are they worth the £££, also does anyone know of anyone / any reviews of large port manifolds used on other 1.8T's such as Golfs, etc...?

Shock_Xe

m0rk said:
but I don't know if it'd be like farting into a dustbin

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: that is an awesome comment!!! HAve to save that one for the future, im sure it has universal uses!!! Hat off to you

Daz (Daz_Gibbo) and myself have practically identical cars apart from the manifold, on my car my N75 duty rarely goes over 80% running HB9. Daz's car is running HB8 and his N75 duty is pegged out at ~95-100% past 4k (He has no boost leaks or split hoses). From my tests it appears that the Manifold his helped the turbo build boost without having to be run flat out.

flashbsd

i know beezaboy has had a cracked ATP, lifetime warranty though

Shock_Xe

davidol said:
didnt answer the question though mike!

If i didnt think they were worth it I wouldnt have fitted one :p

At the end of the day its going to flow more air, So that means less friction = less heat which is a good thing. Plus those running larger exhaust/induction/high boost etc, flowing more air can only be a good thing right?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members