1.8t Sport vs Ford Puma 16v

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Was out tonight with a friend in his Puma, 1.4 16v, and I was in my 1.8t 20v Sport. Top end he couldn't catch me, but when I let him get infront, I only slowly went past :blink: His car does 0-60 in 10 secs, mine is 7.5. He has 125nm torque, and mine has 235nm.

Surely I would have trounced him between 60-80? I was abit worried that there is something wrong with my car. Is the only proper way to compete from standstill?

Cheers
Dan

caveo

I feel HE was the better driver........ and you thought too much of tour car... a common mistake.

caveo

No i dont think you are a crap driver , BUT i feel i adjust your driving style as you have the "quicker" car .....When its not a Lambo so you still have to try...sorry mate lol

turbin

-of course there might be a million other reasons to why theres no bigger difference than the 1 nice mr caveo points out :)

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Well I will soon find out if it's underperforming when I take it in for a dyno run before and after a remap booked for early January. :)

It is probably the way I drove. When I drive off from standstill the car is awesome, it's been roughly timed to the quoted 7.5 seconds 0-60, I was just abit underwhelmed tonight with the 50+. So there is probably nothing wrong with the car.

Last edited:

caveo

Dyno meens f00k all as a car with 200 bhp for 4k revs WILL lose to a car with 200 bhp for 100bhp. Trust me in this years ten of the best compition a 400bhp EVO beat a 800+ bhp scooby due to drivablity and handling ect, etc... Numbers mean very little mate , get used to it.

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
In that respect, as the part of the road we used had a few bends, and the Puma is really quite sporty compared to my 'boat-like' standard Leon handling, maybe if I got mods such as a rear ARB and lowered it, the car would have handled the road better compared to the Puma.

I mean, stiffer suspension and less body roll means less power 'wasted' in the corners, right?

caveo

Yes , but a coupe like the puma will handle better if it does the same , so make sure you take his to some nice long strights and use yourpower and toqure to its best. ( or splash 5 grand on a big turbo lol)

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Yes , but a coupe like the puma will handle better if it does the same , so make sure you take his to some nice long strights and use yourpower and toqure to its best. ( or splash 5 grand on a big turbo lol)

lol, thanks for your advice mate. I'm glad I made this thread, am understanding it better now. I have proved to myself figures are not everything without realising it at first.

On the straights it's really quite good. Going to focus on the handling after the remap.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise