1.8t Sport vs Ford Puma 16v

xd-data-ii

Mar 15, 2007
San Diego
You cant just put the foot down and expect to fly past.
You need to be in the right gear and catch it at the best point in the rev band.
What gear were you in and what was the rpm when you put the foot down?

Sure its not the 1.7 Tickford Puma and he is keeping secret. Now that thing can go and handle amazing.

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
You need to be in the right gear and catch it at the best point in the rev band.

Sure its not the 1.7 Tickford Puma and he is keeping secret. Now that thing can go and handle amazing.

Second this. If your are in Sixth when you put your foot down at 50 then i am not surprised it took an age to get past. If you were in third however, then i would say your car has lost some power, as at 50 in 3rd my LC is just in the power zone.

Mrski1

May 12, 2008
Aberdeen

He mentioned at the start its his mates 1.4. The 1.7 tickford, or Racing Puma as they are known are really easy to spot, Ford blue paint, swollen alloy arches, 17 inch multispoke wheels, the one you really have to watch out for is the standard 1.7, bit of a wolf in hairdressers clothing.

It wouldn't suprise me if the Puma left you for dead on the corners, really stiff and agile little things, completly going against the hairdresser image, for proof, have a look at Top Gear car of the year 1997 vid http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R3QuH7z1Z1o

Even the 1.4 has something like 100bhp and is a fair bit lighter than the Leon, if he was in a high gear with the revs up around 5k, he probably just caught you out.

Last edited:

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
It's definitely the 1.4 :) 0-60 in 10 secs is pretty good for that size, and it seems really agile round the twists, so I must get my handling sorted. He didn't pull away at all, I just found it quite hard to get past. I was initially in fifth and dropped it down to 4th.

caveo

I used to race Formula Ford cars and they are only 1.6 and i used to piss on Fearris

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.