150bhp 1.8T with K04 - Making it overly complicated

Another20v

Sep 15, 2018
Hi, new to the forum, but I know from reputation and lurking over the years that there are some clued up folks here, so was hoping for some advice.

I have an AGU here. so 20mm wrist pins, big port head, blah blah. It's going on standalone for what it's worth.

I also have a long running project, which the engine is for, which I've really lost motivation for and wanting to throw effort and money at.

I have a K04 here which I was going to hybrid and I also have some cheap forged rods with genuine ARP2000's and some other bits and bobs about, ported JBS copy mani etc.

I'm leaning towards just getting the thing out on track with a K04 slapped on a stock AGU (fresh cambelt and oil pickup cleaned out and a baffled sump basically), and upgrading later, after all AGU's and old K04's are pennies and a spare to build up and swap in when things fail are dickered so no drama.

I'd always been of the opinion that it's worth doing it once and doing it right, but real life gets in the way and it'd be nice to get the car out to remind myself why I'm doing it, and revisit and update and upgrade things as needed when the love's back?

Anyway, not trying to use your forum as a source of cheap therapy, but opinions are always welcome and I'd appreciate any input from "don't be a ****" to "yeah it's cool, sling it in and give it the beans".

Thanks.

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
You've got the parts there. Sling it in and give it the beans. If you get the love back then you can take it further down the line.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.