17 inch alloy wheels

mike_cupra

I have decided to get some new alloys for my cupra, one of my mates sells rota alloys and I found a set I like but wanted to check to see if they will fit on properly without any problems like rubbing etc. My car is lowered 40mm.

I have searched the site but found so many old threads started about similar things but not quite the same question as i need answering so I hope someone can help me out as I wanted to get these wheels on tomorrow morning!!:D

Will these wheels fit: 17x7.5 ET38 with 205/40/17 tyres :headhurt:

If someone could tell me yes or no or with what problems i would be so grateful as I do not want to buy these wheels and then find out they dont fit.

Thanks,

Mike

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Can you not try them on the car, to check the fitment? No way of saying wether they'll rub or not really, just good guestimates.
Any spacers being used?

mike_cupra

re

Its got the standard 16's on at the mo with 20mm spacers I think. I hopefully will be able to try them but once they are on and i've driven them it might not be so easy to give them back lol.

mike_cupra

Yeah but i wanted to see if they catch going over bumps and that in the road........ because thats when they are likely to rub isn't it?

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
It might rub with the 20mm spacers on mike-you can have 10mm spacers on....maybe 15mm with a 40mm drop. I no with the H+R cup kit which is a 50mm drop the max you can have is the 10mm spacers.

mike_cupra

Put my new wheels on today and they fit fine, 20mm spacers on rear and 5mm spacers on the front. Not sure if I like the wheels though but at least they are better than the standards.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.