17511 Vag.com fault code????

jimmy2006

Aug 4, 2006
had a look about at other posts but they dont tell me what im looking for, had my lambda repalced approximately 5 weeks ago, the other day I was out in my car (ibiza cupra t 2001 with revo) and the engine management light appeared. I got it home (car seemed fine though) and plugged it in to vag.com. It came back with the code 17511 - oxygen (lambda) sensor heating: B1 S1: Performance too low P1103 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent. Just wondering what this means as the description vag.com has given me is a little on the brief side. When i clear the codes it dissapears but comes back after a good drive out. any suggestion would be good as Im off to birmingham tomorrow (live up north) and dont really want it to conk out.

cheers again guys.

Uwe@Ross-Tech

Jan 7, 2002
www.Ross-Tech.com
Check resistance of heater element in oxygen/lambda sensor before CAT.
Check wiring and connections to it.

Don't worry about it too much, the heating is mostly used to get the sensor working quickly at start-up. On a long trip, the hot exhaust gases should keep the sensor itself working OK. IOW, I don't think you need to worry about your car conking out.

-Uwe-

jimmy2006

Aug 4, 2006
cheers for that, already had problems with the wiring previous to this, thought it had all been sorted. obviously not.

jimmy2006

Aug 4, 2006
it required a new lambda sensor and its all cured, apparently it was the little heater inside a lambda which warms up straight after the car is started. no more fault codes regarding that now.

jimmy2006

Aug 4, 2006
same fault has come back, exact same code as above. Car has had 2 new lambda's. Could it be to do with different fuel types as today was the first time ive used bp ultimate 97 ron fuel when it usually gets shell 98 ron v power ? just an idea, probably just a coincidence though.

p.s. just cleared it again with vag.com, will get her back on the v power and see if that keeps it away.

jimmy2006

Aug 4, 2006
cleared code but light has come back on, does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this to re-occur? Ive been using universal lambda's, im wondering if they arent up to the job.

Ricardo

Leon Cupra R 265 bhp
Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Hi, did you find out what was wrong, mine is doing the same thing. Had lambda replaced and 2 weeks later same code coming up as youve got. Is there anything else that can affect it that weve missed?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.