18" tire preasure - 2.0TSI

Jul 18, 2020
Poland
Hello all,

I am happy user of Leon MY2019 - 2.0TSI with DSG. Also i have 18" tires 225/40/R18

In my opinion preasure in my tires showed on sticker is too high. I had before Leon MY14 (17") and it had three sets of preasure - Sport, Comfort, Full load. All of them was more or less stiff.

Problem is that tires (michelin primacy 4) are loudly much more than my old 17" tires. Especially on back.

I found in other topic that people put (for 1.8TSI DSG) preasure F: 32PSI/R: 29PSI for comfort (3 ppl onboard).

Can you recommend me some normal settings? I have strong felling that such high preasure is effect of WLTP and making everything ECO.

Attachments

• IMG_20200728_160910.jpg
    IMG_20200728_160910.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 53

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
I agree with your last comment. I would try running 35 psi all round, that works for me.

I'm not sure that Primacys are the best choice for a 2.0 though, they're biased towards economy and wear rather than grip. If I was you, I'd be looking for something better.

Jul 18, 2020
Poland
Thanks. To be honest i change it from Bridgestone Potenza which was horrible. loudly like hell. I had Bridgestone in my previous car and it was same problem. Michelin is way more quiet but I'm open for suggestions. I need something quiet and good quality i know that 2.0 TSI is powerful but I'm not using my baby cupra for racing :) Mostly i'm driving inside city and from time to time on highway.

Currently i put 35 PSI on front and 31 on back (hatchback).

Jul 18, 2020
Poland
To be honest i was thinking to pump tires by pure nitrogen but i'm not sure is it worth it. Nitrogen doesn't change so easy volume due to temperature changes.

GlekkeMatrak

Dec 22, 2020
Mechelen, Belgium
I try to set the pressures to those that the tire manufacturer recommends for the specific size on your car. My sticker in the fuel cap says 2.1 bar front, 2.0 bar rear. I roll on Continental PremiumContact 6's, for which Continental recommends 2.5 bar front and 2.3 bar rear, in 225/40 R18, on my car. The pressure in the fuel flap or door is the recommendation for the tires the car was produced with (in my case Bridgestone Potenza's, which have a way stiffer sidewall than Conti's).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise