Tires Comfort

Oct 30, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm the owner of a used Cupra 280 since a couple of months now. The car came with Michelin Pilot Alpin 4 in 225/40 R18 at the time since it came from Germany.

As the weather got better and since we dont get any snow here (plust the tires were nearly at their lifes end) i decided to switch to PremiumContact 6 in 235/40 R18.

I have already tried this tires on my brothers X3 F25 and was really happy with the handling feel and all around performance.

What i wanted to ask regarding comfort is this: is this a Cupra thing of being relatively stiff in the suspension department and there is not much we can do about it or switching to 245/40 R18 (since wheels are 9j) might give some comfort with additional grip??

Just curious if some has done this on their daily car, cause as per trackday(Nurburgring alsi) i'm pretty sure that quite a lot of guys might have done this.....

Thx

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I have Continentals on my car in 225/40/18 XL and my ride is unbelievably harsh

So it has me wondering are Continentals really hard and unforgiving in the sidewall.

I don't know if that is the answer but it's my current train of thought

Oct 30, 2021
I have Continentals on my car in 225/40/18 XL and my ride is unbelievably harsh

So it has me wondering are Continentals really hard and unforgiving in the sidewall.

I don't know if that is the answer but it's my current train of thought
Wooow thats interesting, if your car is an A3 as mentioned below i'm pretty shocked, cause the last A3 i've driven was quite comfortable compared to the Cupra (also in 18 inch wheels as the Cupra)

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Wooow thats interesting, if your car is an A3 as mentioned below i'm pretty shocked, cause the last A3 i've driven was quite comfortable compared to the Cupra (also in 18 inch wheels as the Cupra)
Its my new car Mercedes CLA

It's what i'm thinking though.