1940 software update - Get it or wait?

EVangelist

Feb 14, 2023
Hi, can anyone speak from experience on the 1940 update?
Is it better/worse/fixes some bugs but introduces new ones?

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
Had it installed on my Cupra a few weeks ago, replacing the 1896 it came with. Everything worked flawlessly for two weeks, no random reboots and fixed the issue where notifications/red dot wouldn't clear.

Plus if you're an Apple user, you get better resolution on CarPlay

However, just over a week ago the 5F unit which is what the software is installed on has failed and it's booked in tomorrow for a replacement. Don't think it's related but something to be aware of if you're out of warranty as I believe these units are circa £2.5k.

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
I have it. Updated it from 1896. Random reboots are gone which is nice because that was the main reason for manually doing this update.

Absolutely no other issues.

Reactions: EVangelist

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
I have it. Updated it from 1896. Random reboots are gone which is nice because that was the main reason for manually doing this update.

Absolutely no other issues.
Had no issues either since the 5F unit was replaced. Would recommend getting it done.

Reactions: EVangelist

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
Did any of you guys do it yourself?

My dealer seems unaware of this update but the reboots are driving me crazy so I'm considering DIY even though my car is still under warranty.

RCupra

Feb 22, 2020

My dealer seems unaware of this update but the reboots are driving me crazy so I'm considering DIY even though my car is still under warranty.
find another dealer.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK

Have a look on the Formentor forum. Plenty of info on there and its the same software. These guys (forum sponsers) will help you:

I'm always a bit reluctant to go DIY whilst still under warranty too, but quite a few on here have done it. Luckily my dealer has done the updates for me without issue.

Reactions: stevemc81

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
My local SEAT dealer did it without quibbling once I raised the reboot issue.

It's a new vehicle, only two months old and came with 1896. They upgraded it to 1940 and upgraded the new 5F unit they had to replace to 1940 without me even asking too.

As others have said either take it to another dealer or raise a complain with them that you know a newer software version is available.

You could attempt to do it yourself, but if it's under warranty it shouldn't be your problem to deal with.

Reactions: oldgitdave

D71

Aug 28, 2022
Dealer updated 1896 to 1940. Next day on a 2 hour journey I’d to reboot the screen to revive frozen Spotify and later another reboot was required when my iPhone disconnected completely from the car despite being plugged in with an original Apple cable for FullLink. Not convinced so far the update has fixed the problem but will try again via both Bluetooth and charging cable.
Good luck.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Try to do factory reset after the update as that should be performed. At least that was mandatory in previous updates

Reactions: D71

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
After another black screen of death for CarPlay last night I got fed up enough to buy the update and do it myself this morning. Took about half an hour and completed without issue. Here’s hoping it solves the issues!

Out of interest, are there release notes available anywhere for these updates?

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
After another black screen of death for CarPlay last night I got fed up enough to buy the update and do it myself this morning. Took about half an hour and completed without issue. Here’s hoping it solves the issues!

Out of interest, are there release notes available anywhere for these updates?
I did the update myself a few months back and to be fair it’s the most stable it’s been since we have had the car nearly 2yrs.

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010
I've had the update to 1940, seems good, no random rebooting, UI improved and no more popping from the speakers or SOS errors

istoyanov

Apr 6, 2023
Bulgaria
Anybody got the update OTA with/without SEAT connect active subscription?
i have Connect but not activated since the car is on lease and the second key is required to become main profile and activate the connect......

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Anybody got the update OTA with/without SEAT connect active subscription?
i have Connect but not activated since the car is on lease and the second key is required to become main profile and activate the connect......
You won't get 1940 ota.
Ota updates do work without the Connect though but are mainly minor updates, navigation maps etc.

Reactions: istoyanov
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members