1999 1.4s Headlight. WHY CANT THEY BE THE SAME!

CIarkie

Jun 12, 2005
Basingstoke
Im going to be buying an Ibiza TDI 110 and selling my little mark 2 1.4S.

I wanted to get the car up to standards to try and hold some of its value. I think some when in its life the drivers side headlight was damage and replaced with an earlier ibiza model light (i assume). I have tried for about a year buying lights but have heard that the lights for the ibiza were changed loads. There is the worst gap between the light and centre grill where the contours of the headlight dont match.

Can any body help me with a code or something so i can replace the light.... it really lets the front down.:blink:

Its a 1999 1.4s making it a late mk2

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Sounds like you have mixed Ibiza and Cordoba lamps.

Give me the part number of the lamp you want to match and I'll get you the other side.

CIarkie

Jun 12, 2005
Basingstoke
Awesome. yeah i did notice that the cordoba lights were similar. Where is the number located.. i can pop out now and see.

Cheers mate.. that was some mighty fine replying:happy:

CIarkie

Jun 12, 2005
Basingstoke
Ive just been out there looking for the number but its bloody typical. The only number on the passenger side headlight is obstructed by the radiator... its like they deigned it to piss me off. The dodgy light number is as plain as day aswell as the electric pitch adjustor motor..

I guess il have to remove the light to find out
Urgh:cry:

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Unfortunately so. Hopefully the one bolted in isn't a pattern lamp, then we'd be screwed!

I found this out the other week when I got a Cordy lamp setup for my Ibiza. When the indicators didn't slot in, it clicked that things weren't as easy as I first thought.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.