2.0 8v which fuel?

willholt123

im taking my cupra to RR day next saturday (if i can get it in) and want to know if it would be a good idea to use premium petrol for the day? im going to put some petrol engine flush in aswell for the journey there. suggestions?

premium would run just fine mate!

crossedmike

i would probably use 2 tanks getting there :cry:. i might fill it half way and put half in before saturday then the rest on the day for the journey there.

hahah ohh dear ill bring a fuel tank full as you never know lol ill bring petrol tho not diesel so you wont want to use mine haha

also i noticed a nice pick up in modifying my air boxed to been drilled and a new cold air feed was cheap and easy to do : )

crossedmike

drilling your airbox just makes it noisey.

i drilled it widened hole attatched cold air feed and then cleaned it up dont sound any different to me and feels alot nippier off line and setting off

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Why put engine flush in? You not going to remove it before it goes on the rollers???? I have never used engine flush in my car and Mark @ Saxon Motorpsort commented that he hasn't seen a bottom end so clean before (expect a new bottom end).

All I do is change the oil after every trackday or 3months which ever comes first and make you feel better the oil I use is £50 for 5 litres! :cry:

With the petrol you might as well run it on what ever petrol you have to see what power you usually have, I've always filled my car with super unleaded or now I'm commonly using V-Power from Shell as it's the closest petrol station to me and the prices are the same as tesco..... the joy of living in the valley's :)

It will take a few tanks fills for the ecu to adjust itself to the new higher octane petrol

vngtx

i was only thinking engine flush as i dont have any service history at all for it and its done 117k. only service i know of was the one i did last week. i was gonna go for the 50 quid castrol stuff but didnt have enough money...

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
just use VW stuff, it's £25 for 5 litres and £4 odd for a fuel filter! I'm using more expensive oil because of the oil temps I was getting out on track and it rev's more, with more power, etc.... Start looking into engine oil and you become scared and think what damaged you done etc... there's a lot about oil.

If you use engine flush you will need to change the oil as all the crap it collects need to be removed.

Last edited:

crossedmike

just use VW stuff, it's £25 for 5 litres and £4 odd for a fuel filter! I'm using more expensive oil because of the oil temps I was getting out on track and it rev's more, with more power, etc.... Start looking into engine oil and you become scared and think what damaged you done etc... there's a lot about oil.

If you use engine flush you will need to change the oil as all the crap it collects need to be removed.

you serious :( i flushed my engine about 2 months ago and then topped all the oil up as was needing it so your telling me i put new oil in and the flush filled it with cr@p

vngtx

i should stop using tesco petrol, that will give me some power back. drained some off a car today, it wasnt even blue-ish at all. was clear as water.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
If you read on the tin of engine flush it tells you to put it in the engine before a oil change and drive the car for a few 100 miles or so and then change the oil. All the crap it removes from your engine is at the moment sitting in the sump..... should then change the oil to remove the sh!t from your engine!

vngtx

maybe one day ill stip the engine down to head, block and sump and get it specially washed. sometimes theres a knocking from the camshaft.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
maybe one day ill stip the engine down to head, block and sump and get it specially washed. sometimes theres a knocking from the camshaft.

Rather a lot of work for "one day" just keep changing the oil, after a while to oil coming out will look like the new oil going in!

crossedmike

sorry just realised i used fuel flush lol not engine flush because i read the flush stips the unique oils or lube off some parts somewhere correct me if im wrong lol

vngtx

Rather a lot of work for "one day" just keep changing the oil, after a while to oil coming out will look like the new oil going in!

i best make sure i remember to put the sump plug back in then :rolleyes:

one day is possible if working 24 hours solid :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members