2 Questions for you guys.

nathuklancs

Got my new leon 1.4tsi FR 3door last week.

Having a few problems,

1. Tilting mirror when reversing?

- Says in the manual how to set it, by putting it into reverse with the window knob thing in position R, tilting it then taking it out of reverse to save the setting.
Also read that this is for left hand drives only and for uk right hand drives you do it with the window knob thing in the position L.

Tried it and.... nothing! Do you have to have a convenience pack or something for this or is it standard? Ive also heard it got discontinued?

2. Front L.E.D lights?

- Not purchased the convenience pack or anything like that for auto lights, can you somehow set the L.E.D's to come on without having to switch the light knob into sidelight positions, as you have to switch it off every time you leave the car?

If you keep it in the set position as if you hadn't touched it, the lights automatically come on at night?

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
My front leds (FR with Tech Pack) are onbright with the dial at 0, dim with it at sidelights >D< and obviously on is on.

If you don't have DRLs that's kind of wierd.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Yea your DRLs should be on wih the switch at the 0 position.

The dipping mirror was removed from the spec for a fair while because it didn't work. You may have just missed it being fixed and put back on.

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
The dipping mirror was removed from the spec for a fair while because it didn't work. You may have just missed it being fixed and put back on.

Hi Mate, as Dean said the tilt function was originally installed then removed and then reinstated again. Here are the details I posted in another thread:

- Cars which were built up to week 22 (w/c 27th May) had this feature but users reported the mirror not returning after lowering.
- Cars built from week 23 (w/c 3rd June) to week 48 (w/c25th Nov) didn't have this feature added at factory
- Cars built from week 49 (w/c 2nd Dec) has this feature reinstated and the feature works correctly. I can confirm this works as I have a week 50 car and all is good

You can find out when your car was build by using this site, pop your VIN in and it will tell you the manufacturing date:
http://partsale.eu/parts-catalog/catalog/ESE517/
Then you can see if the function is there or or not. If so we can try and help you get it working :)

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
I've coded the tilting mirrors on on mine (week 30 ish I think) and it appears to work fine if its only in reverse once, if it needs manouvering at all I have to adjust afterward. Hopefully it'll be fixed for everyone in an update, but for the moment I find it best to leave the switch on 0 and only flick it to L when I need the dipping (really just parallel parking, which I don't have to do too often).

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
From what has been discussed so far, it looks much more like a hardware issue. Changing the software will allow it to tilt, but the fact that it won't go back correctly after that indicates a hardware issue.

It looks to me that there was a short period where the mirrors were faulty and the option was not removed, then a period where the hardware was still faulty but they disabled it and now they have fixed the hardware and now it works OK.

I doubt that it can be fixed without a new mechanism and that would not be a warranty issue unless you had one of the early cars before they accepted that they had a problem.

If it didn't work at all when the car was delivered as it had been turned off I think you are stuck with it, as I am.

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
My car was built sometime towards the front end of last year (picked it up early May 2013) and the mirror tilt function works as described in the manual! I was one of the luck ones I think :p

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
My car was built sometime towards the front end of last year (picked it up early May 2013) and the mirror tilt function works as described in the manual! I was one of the luck ones I think :p

Yes, I think you were lucky. Clearly it worked originally but then it got screwed up - presumably a supplier problem.

It's a shame it took them a few months to sort it out.

Personally I am not fussed as I have the park assist and am too busy watching that than to worry about the mirrors. The folding option was what I really wanted as if some idiot clobbers your mirror it's a big bill!

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
Yes, I think you were lucky. Clearly it worked originally but then it got screwed up - presumably a supplier problem.

It's a shame it took them a few months to sort it out.

Personally I am not fussed as I have the park assist and am too busy watching that than to worry about the mirrors. The folding option was what I really wanted as if some idiot clobbers your mirror it's a big bill!

You have folding if you have switch for it, you just need to hold the button down, or code it with vcds to close on lock.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Yep. Long press on lock or move the knob to the folded position when moving to get through a tight gap.

phil750

Jul 24, 2012
out of interest as it involves wind mirrors - got my leon last week, it doesnt have tilt function :( built july 2013)

But there is an option in car - setup that say something like folded mirrors when parked, and i have it ticked.

But when i park it doesnt fold them automatically ?

i have a manual and guessed this works only with dsg ?

BigfatPaulie

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
According to that site where you put the vin code:
My car has the date... 12.4.2013
So it should have the mirror tilt? Yet I've tried and not managed to make it budge!
It sounds like a great idea... If I can get it working!
Is this any Leon, or only fr? This one is the sc with tech pack.
Thanks
Paul

Sent from my ZX81

Last edited:

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
According to that site where you put the vin code:
My car has the date... 12.4.2013
So it should have the mirror tilt? Yet I've tried and not managed to make it budge!
It sounds like a great idea... If I can get it working!
Is this any Leon, or only fr? This one is the sc with tech pack.
Thanks
Paul

Sent from my ZX81

The tilt function is standard on FR cars but also included in the Folding Mirror option for SE cars too.
Is your SC a FR or SE with Tech Pack?

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Se I think.... Zero folding mirrors :-(

Sent from my ZX81

Ahhh Ok, that could explain why it doesn't work. Maybe try activating it in vcds if you have access to a cable, but if you can get it working it might not be 100% reliable though (as in the tilt might not return back to the original position all the time)

Mazza67

Hi guys, i got my car on Saturday and so far i really like it.

I checked when my car was built and it says 29/11/2013 so am i right mine does not have this mirror parking feature? It's a bit strange since i did not order my car till late December.

BigfatPaulie

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
I'd imagine the vin comes with the "chassis" (bare bones vehicle) and then the vin data is updated after the build and paint etc.

Sent using Tapatalk from my ZX81

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members