2004 Mk1 Leon Cupra, black magic

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
I've finally upgraded from my 1.6 (now in dad's hands) to a Cupra!

I travelled all the way to London for this, and for good reason - it's only done 17k. It was an ex demonstrator which was then bought by a teacher who only did 2k a year in it. Cost me £4k.

Only fly in the ointment is the cambelt has never been changed after 8 years, so it was a nervous drive back up north. I have no idea how fast it is - I drove like a granny at 70mph all the way up. But it's booked in to be done this week, and I need to get the coilpacks changed at a dealers this month.

I've given it a quick wash (definitely needs a clay thanks to all the London smog it's accumulated) and fitted a new Sony head unit.

New mats ordered as well, and I need to get the rear wiper changed to the Fabia one. The only other job to the time being is to try and fix the condensation in the headlight.

cupra1.jpg

cupra2.jpg

cupra3.jpg

taff141177

Jan 28, 2012
crewe
Regarding the condensation either get some small bags of silica or just remove the black cap that is attached the head light I've had the same problem with mine as I've fitted hids haven't had any problems since
Nice motor by the way

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
2 day detail using a heap of Auto Finesse products:

• Lather
• Clay and Glide
• Iron Out
• Tripple
• Temptation
• Imperial, Tough Coat and one coat of Satin on the wheels
• Revive on the trim
• Crystal on the glass

cup1.jpg

cup2.jpg

cup3.jpg

cup4.jpg

cup5.jpg

cup6.jpg

Fixed the condensation in the headlight too. Drilled holes but it didn't entirely fix it, so I've wedged the cover so that there's a small gap on one side. Seems to have worked.

Amy-Louise

What products do you use on it to make it so shiny? I have just bought my first Ibiza but also my first black car and would love it to look like that :)

RickyD1992

Wow superb job on the detailing buddy, it's amazing just how well paint work on a 9-10 year old car comes up with a good polish !

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
What products do you use on it to make it so shiny? I have just bought my first Ibiza but also my first black car and would love it to look like that :)

Give it a good clay to pull any contaminants out of the lacquer and then use a good polish and wax. The wax definitely made the difference with the shine.

Try Auto Finesse Tripple for the polish (it has good filling properties to reduce swirl marks). I used Auto Finesse Temptation for the wax.

Amy-Louise

Give it a good clay to pull any contaminants out of the lacquer and then use a good polish and wax. The wax definitely made the difference with the shine.

Try Auto Finesse Tripple for the polish (it has good filling properties to reduce swirl marks). I used Auto Finesse Temptation for the wax.

Thanks for this will give it a go when I finally get it lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members