2011 Leon Mk3

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
I've had two leons in the past last one being a 05 plate 1.6 sx, must of been one of the best cars ive ever owned, changed it last year for a crappy honda civic :blink:

Now i'd love to buy a new seat & had to wait 7 years for the dreadful looking mk2 to pass & now Seat come up with this ....

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HMpBL7v7Igs

I think seat could of done alot better, as said above the interior looks good, but if this is the FR model god help us what the rest of the range will look like :cry:

I agree entirely. Makes my mk2 look refreshing and extends it's shelf life for a further 5 years. No change for me in the next few years.

Last edited:

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I do like my mk2, but the mk3 looks quite nice, a 3 door that looks like the Scirocco would be very much appreciated!

Gadget wise, I love those LED driving lights, when you see them on the Audi's they look fantastic, and they don't look like a strip of LED bulbs glued on to the front like a lot of other brands seem to be doing. If as someone said the interior is mostly pinched from the new A3 I'm all for that, the new Ibiza interior looks awful!

Not sure about getting one, probably can't/shouldn't afford it, and it's still annoying that they closed the Bedford Seat dealership so the nearest is a 40m round trip...

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
An improvement on the Mk2 imo - more purposeful looks and obviously in keeping with the family.

Never been a fan of the Mk2 - most definitely a step in the right direction.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
An improvement on the Mk2 imo - more purposeful looks and obviously in keeping with the family.

Never been a fan of the Mk2 - most definitely a step in the right direction.

I agree, it looks a lot more like a car, and not a small MPV like the mk2. Nice to see the wipers are back where they should be, hopefully the pillars will be smaller because of this!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Pillars are smaller but I have to admit, i liked the idea of the position they were at. Looks alot neater if that makes sense.

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Nice to see the wipers are back where they should be, hopefully the pillars will be smaller because of this!
In the What Car 'review' they comment on the very good forward visibility with no front quarterlights and describe the pillars as 'unusually slim'. That can only be a good thing.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Full LED headlights are surely a first? Very sharp, so are the rears. The indicator blink from the rears is class.

The badge looks russian or somthin. Debadge!

Yes the sunroof looks cool.

I dont remember seeing an exhaust? Yes i do now, lazy me.

Last edited:

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
I wish they'd left the rear handles on the MkIII tucked into the pillar similar to the MkII, I loved picking people up and seeing how long it took for them to figure out where the handle was.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Full LED headlights are surely a first? Very sharp, so are the rears. The indicator blink from the rears is class.

The badge looks russian or somthin. Debadge!

Yes the sunroof looks cool.

I dont remember seeing an exhaust? Yes i do now, lazy me.

first in sector, but merc and audi have had them for a year or 2 now.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Tickets for Paris Motor Show all booked up. Well the Eurostar and hotel. Online tickets for show not available yet :-(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.