2013 150 fr

webb204

May 19, 2015
Guys ,ive been looking at changing my 2012 Leon FR+ for a MK3 FR .
Ive seen a 2013 13 plate 5dr Leon 150 FR with just under 41000 miles on it ,it has the Tech Pack, Winter Pack ,Sound Pack ,and possibly the pack that adds the sill kick plates etc.
Its had 2 owners ,and it looking like its ex main dealer Demo.

Condition wise it was decent apart from A LOT of stone chips on the bonnet ,its in Emocion Red,is this paint prone to chipping ?

The dealer has told me that they are getting the bonnet resprayed ,and that they were in 2 minds about putting it on the forecourt before it was resprayed !
They have also told me they are willing to hold the car for me without a deposit ,until all paintwork has been completed ,and I'm satisfied with it ,they couldn't have been more helpful if I'm honest ,the car is up for 10600 ,do you guys think its a fair price ,and would the respray put you off ?
Edit ,they have offered me 7500 in px on my 2012 12 plate FR+ with just under 70000 miles on it

Last edited:

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
I bought the same exact car last year, same year and I think it's got nearly all the options too.
It's in the same colour and was bought from seat dealer although it had 57,000 on the clock and I paid a little over £10k for it.
Also it still had a years manufacturer warranty on it to run whereas yours might not have.
It had the same stone chips problem too, not that many but dealer didn't like it so bonnet and bumper was sprayed.
Must be easier to spot chips with the red.

Just look on auto trader to see whats about for the same money, although if they can throw in a years warranty it might make it a bit better

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
Guys ,ive been looking at changing my 2012 Leon FR+ for a MK3 FR .
Ive seen a 2013 13 plate 5dr Leon 150 FR with just under 41000 miles on it ,it has the Tech Pack, Winter Pack ,Sound Pack ,and possibly the pack that adds the sill kick plates etc.

Condition wise it was decent apart from A LOT of stone chips on the bonnet ,its in Emocion Red,is this paint prone to chipping ?

They all pick up stone chips, all colours, never seen paint as thin. The car you are describing has averaged 15k miles a year and will have done motorway miles. Motorways are where I pick up stone chips, and it doesn't seem to matter the speed that I do.

If they do a half decent job of blending the colour and feathering in the edges, new paint can't be any softer than the original.

I am projecting mine to be worth 10 to 11k at 3 years old based on it's value of 12k at year two service.

webb204

May 19, 2015
I bought the same exact car last year, same year and I think it's got nearly all the options too.
It's in the same colour and was bought from seat dealer although it had 57,000 on the clock and I paid a little over £10k for it.
Also it still had a years manufacturer warranty on it to run whereas yours might not have.
It had the same stone chips problem too, not that many but dealer didn't like it so bonnet and bumper was sprayed.
Must be easier to spot chips with the red.

Just look on auto trader to see whats about for the same money, although if they can throw in a years warranty it might make it a bit better

Thanks for the reply ,ive looked on Auto trader ,and tbh its the cheapest within my area , they are asking 3417 off me on top of my FR+ ,(this includes tax and 1 year warranty @199).
I haven't really done any bartering yet,i,ll wait until i see it after respray ,try and get the warranty included:).

I like my FR+ ,but i do a lot of miles commuting (60 a day) and its due an interim service ,very shortly ,and a major in may (cam belt etc due),so I'm very mindful of the expense due shortly !

webb204

May 19, 2015
They all pick up stone chips, all colours, never seen paint as thin. The car you are describing has averaged 15k miles a year and will have done motorway miles. Motorways are where I pick up stone chips, and it doesn't seem to matter the speed that I do.

If they do a half decent job of blending the colour and feathering in the edges, new paint can't be any softer than the original.

I am projecting mine to be worth 10 to 11k at 3 years old based on it's value of 12k at year two service.

Thanks ,unfortunately mine will spend 60 miles a day on the motorway , i really can't fault the dealer so far , no pressure at all ,and they have been around a long time , just hope the bodyshop is as good ( third party)

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Certainly seems like a good price for the extras you'd get as Aardvark says, the stone chips probably align with motorway driving so that many miles may not be a bad thing on a diesel, if anything it'll of maintained it better than if the miles p/a were lower.

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
I'm pretty same 90 mile commute to work a day on motorway, I haven't noticed any new stone chips or owt, guess it's luck of the draw.
For £3.5k you really can't go wrong as your getting a newer car with better options.
Plus with the work coming up on your current car your looking at another £500+ expense.
Might as well trade it and save yourself the hassle.
My respray from dealer was spot on and I don't think you could tell it's been done (hopefully it was done lol)

Last edited:

webb204

May 19, 2015
Thanks for the reply guys ,much appreciated :),i,ve just been down to my local Seat dealer, and they kindly printed a full vehicle data sheet off for me,its definitely got the Tech pack/Winter pack ,Seat Sound System ,it also has cruise control (not sure if thats an extra or standard ?),and Alcantara seat.
So pending the results of the respray ,i think i will be going for it :)

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
CD in the glovebox is standard fare with the touchscreen satnav, you should have 2 SD card slots in there too, one for sat nav and other for your media.
Easier to buy a cheap SD card and rip all your music onto it than bothering with cds

webb204

May 19, 2015
CD in the glovebox is standard fare with the touchscreen satnav, you should have 2 SD card slots in there too, one for sat nav and other for your media.
Easier to buy a cheap SD card and rip all your music onto it than bothering with cds

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
Sounds like a good price for your car. I recently traded in a very similar fr+. Not sure on the other car as I went for a 184ps (181) since you would be talking a approx. 20 bhp reduction moving to the 150ps (148bhp) car. I'd make sure you are happy with this as there isn't any difference tax wise and the 184 gets independent suspension like the fr+ whereas the 150 gets a torsion beam which won't handle quite as well. Any hoos if you like it and have tried it and it's fine then enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

webb204

May 19, 2015
Sounds like a good price for your car. I recently traded in a very similar fr+. Not sure on the other car as I went for a 184ps (181) since you would be talking a approx. 20 bhp reduction moving to the 150ps (148bhp) car. I'd make sure you are happy with this as there isn't any difference tax wise and the 184 gets independent suspension like the fr+ whereas the 150 gets a torsion beam which won't handle quite as well. Plus I'd not be surprised if you could find a similar car for similar money as a 184...

Funds dictate what i buy mate ,ive been looking for a bit now ,and the selection up north isn't fantastic ,,i realise the 150 isn't going to be as quick as my FR+ ,but in all honesty it didn't feel bad at all when i test drove it ,once id put it into sport mode (this made a big difference ),my daily commute takes me down the A1 and a quarter of that is 50 zone :censored:,

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
Don't worry if it's fast enough for you then all good. Only thinking coming from a similar car but admittedly I've gone a lot newer and spent more. I'd say choice isn't too bad though when I looked about - based on merseyside so still relatively northerly. Would say as well you should be able to get similar money to your part ex price if you put it on tootle.

will_0407

Oct 8, 2014
Edit ,they have offered me 7500 in px on my 2012 12 plate FR+ with just under 70000 miles on it

I think that's a reasonable p/x price- I sold my 2012 FR+ with leather and heated seats with 82,000 for £7700 in a private sale in March this year.

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
I was only suggesting the alternative of tootle since it give another option for bargaining. the part ex price is good but as highlighted previously by others the sale price may not be. If you are able to bargain on a straight purchase price it makes it easier.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.