2017 Leon!!!

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
The front is as we all feared, much worse. It seems those leaked bumpers were accurate. I prefer the old one

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
The front is as we all feared, much worse. It seems those leaked bumpers were accurate. I prefer the old one

Me too. Those creases and whacking great plastic grille make it look like the Xperience model. The new fogs look like an aftermarket add-on.

I also don't want push button start or an electric handbrake. Those new rear clusters are the only real improvement I can see. :shrug:

Last edited:

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
not too bad.... just don't like the idea of the electronic handbrake, but I suppose its something that is becoming common in cars, so i'll need to get used to it....

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Guess the rear looks more Audi than ever with those lights but I like them.

Good to see they've lightened the interior by bringing the colour down around the centre console. So this will probably be gloss black on the Cupra 300.

Bumpers will grow on me as they always do.

Spec changes look to be right on the money. Plenty people on here wanted higher performance engines and specs but not the badges and suspension of the FR when it launched.

Seat are on a roll at the moment.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
What does the xcellence actually include? Plenty of flash words about how it's more comfort and luxury but can't seem to find any actual specifics?? Don't like the front, don't like electric handbrakes but the rear and multi coloured interior lights are a nice touch

gshaw

Jun 14, 2014
Essex
Don't like the front end changes, the new nav system will be a nice upgrade and the centre console may actually be able to fit a phone in now but apart from that nothing major that stands out as an "ooooh wish I had that in mine" feature.

SEAT are giving some good options in their range though, they've found the niches and moving into them quite shewdly I think.

Last edited:

Nick2016

Sep 17, 2016
What does the xcellence actually include? Plenty of flash words about how it's more comfort and luxury but can't seem to find any actual specifics?? Don't like the front, don't like electric handbrakes but the rear and multi coloured interior lights are a nice touch

The impression I get is all that info including prices won't be announced until November when the price list goes out.

The Italian news reports mention an additional €300-500 of value in the various cars. What used to be optional now included but they don't mention what items and which models.

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
It looks like the 1.8 Tsi engine is still initially going to be available on the FR. I really thought that it would be phased out when the face lift model was introduced. I love the 1.8 that I have now had for nearly 3 and a half years. Perhaps I will still be able to order a new 1.8 Tsi DSG for delivery around April/May next year.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.