20k service

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Its 2nd service time on my FR and just had a quote of £250.

This breaks down as

Labour is 2 hour service
Oil filter - £5.52
Filter - £25.87
Filter - £12.93
Plug - £1.06
Screenwash - £2.46
Oil 5 litres at 9.47 per litre (pd oil)
Top up oil - £6.86
Brake Cleaner £3.00

The 2 filters, will these be pollen and air filter? Don't think fuel filter is done at 20k.

Does anyone have part numbers for all of the above please?

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
£9.47 a litre of oil!? Thats a load of tosh, get your own mate, i got 5 litres and an oil filter for £22.50 at VWNW. You dont need top up oil as your car only takes 3.9 lites of oil so youll have 1l spare!

Filters are Air filter and Pollen. Pollen is the £12.93 one. Id get a green panel filter instead of a paper one mate, itll pay for itself when your at 40k and you can clean it every 10k (mine was full of dust etc!)

Change the Pollen and Air yourself id say, probably save you £30 of labour and its good to know how to do it. Ill give u a hand if you want.

Never let a stealer sell you screenwash - you can get 5 litres from halfords for that much.

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Thought the amount of oil was a bit high as not even a 2.5TDi uses that much oil in the Audi's! I should know seeing as I work in service at Audi lol. Think I may buy the oil and parts at staff rate at work.

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
What a rip off. As Ed said buy the Green Filter and get the rest of the parts at discount. Then just pay for the labour. If you really want to stick with the air filter I have a brand new one sat in the garage that you can have for nothing - just pay me the postage prob few quid. Just got a quote from Jabba for 20K and thats £175 all in.

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
If I supply the parts and oil it comes up as £148 quid for 2 hours labour, although it probably takes much less than that! Would the green filter affect warranty etc?

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
spyke85 said:
If I supply the parts and oil it comes up as £148 quid for 2 hours labour, although it probably takes much less than that! Would the green filter affect warranty etc?

Had mine in now for the past 2yrs and its been serviced by the dealer within that time. During one of my services it required a new filter and the dealer noticed I had a green in, so didnt change it obviously. However, I advised the service manager that he should have given it to me if he was going to charge me for it:censored: Isnt Awesome around your area? They may be a cheaper labour rate.

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
spyke85 said:
Anybody have the part numbers for the air, pollen and fuel filters, and a sump plug screw?

Pollen 6Q 0820367
Sump Plug N90813202

Sorry cant find the others on my invoice, but I'm sure someone will be around to quote the others:D

Red ibiza

Oct 9, 2002
Nottingham
Visit site
So it's just not me that gets ripped off for oil. I think it stinks that a garage can charge you for 5L's of oil when the car only take 4.3L!!!

Did you get the remains of 0.7 L of oil? i doubt it.

They done it once to me NEVER again.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.