BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Hi All, Hope your all well

Not posted on here in a long time, I think the last time I did I was considering going Hybrid with my Boc, Thread title kind of gives away what's happened since....

So the ol girl is still heathy and running sweet while the remaining few hundred other's keep dropping like flies with the usual problems, mid last year I bought a very nice k03 Hybrid from Venom Turbo's, once fitted and ran in I had it tuned back at the tuners.

It made 261hp/361nm on safe mapping for timing and stock fuelling being close to 100% duty, Revised CAVE engine & Clutch pack still stock also with no extra mods other than the turbo and tune from my previous, The Boc is now an absolute beast and pulls so hard all the way through the rev range!!

Here are some some shots from a recent photo shoot also my updated StanceAuto magazine feature if anyone fancies a read

StanceAuto Bocanegra

Last edited:

CW92

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2021
Those bonnet vents look lovely and with the improved spoiler it looks nice and appears like it would fly.

Reactions: BocaBill

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Quick update, I finally got around to getting the wheels I've always wanted to run on the Boc....
Always had a thing for the Audi S-Lines and picked these up cheap, needed a refurb and tyres.

The result.....

Fitment is spot on
20220402_134517.jpg

20220402_134526.jpg
20220326_120744.jpg

Reactions: CupraJohnQ

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Yes, 17's, ET 36.

I was surprised I havn't needed to roll the front arch lips

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Couple of updates, Recently went upto Trac Mon in Anglesey, Bit of a wet one but no problems for the Boc.
Also been to a couple of local show's over the last few months

Best of both worlds Track/Show builds :D:D
DSC05863.jpg
FB_IMG_1651495387943 (2).jpg

52193107701_4d81fb5c44_o.jpg
52193596470_b3cafc9782_o.jpg
52193598625_cc414b812d_o.jpg
52193596585_35e2df193d_o.jpg

Reactions: CupraJohnQ

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Love it man, good to see it’s still very healthy
Cheers, Yep all good, No issue's to the annoyance of many "greek tuner" fanboys on the socials as they all told me it would be dead by now if I didn't "go to the greek" :ROFLMAO:
Just show's how well informed they are!!

How's your's keeping? Many changes?

CupraJohnQ

Nov 14, 2020
London
Cheers, Yep all good, No issue's to the annoyance of many "greek tuner" fanboys on the socials as they all told me it would be dead by now if I didn't "go to the greek" :ROFLMAO:
Just show's how well informed they are!!

How's your's keeping? Many changes?
Haha, I’ve had it too mate.

Yeah all good here, just about to tick over to 90k miles and it’s running sweet as ever on a Stage 1. Going to take her in for a service soon as it’s been a year since the last one.

No changes yet, funds have been tight to be honest, but I have plans to get a sports cat and Airtech cooler on next then stage 2 map to tie it all together.

Reactions: BocaBill

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Haha, I’ve had it too mate.

Yeah all good here, just about to tick over to 90k miles and it’s running sweet as ever on a Stage 1. Going to take her in for a service soon as it’s been a year since the last one.

No changes yet, funds have been tight to be honest, but I have plans to get a sports cat and Airtech cooler on next then stage 2 map to tie it all together.
Good to hear, I've had to do discs and pads as leaving ESP on round the wet track burnt through my pads, but I was ready for changing them anyway, Other than that MOT next month then look at booking another track day :giggle:

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Another track day complete.... First time around Oulton Park, Loved it!! Definitely booking again in the summer
The car boosting like a champ, No errors, no burning oil, no misfires and more importantly no greek parts......Hashtag NOT BROKE!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

02.jpg
13.jpg
22.jpg
20221115_075314.jpg
20221115_115815.jpg
20221115_115742.jpg

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
good to see it’s still very healthy

Yes, Still going strong, Just got all the parts together for a top end rebuild to fix the valve float with uprated OEM exhaust springs and the usual water pump/timing chain etc etc, Should be able to up the boost a make a little more peak HP but overall for stock CAVE engine it's a good egg :)

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
Build update part 1....

As mentioned in the post above I have been collecting all parts for a partial engine rebuild/refresh as long story short going stage3/Hybrid turbo on factory exhaust springs and running too much boost pressure above 6.5k will cause valve float misfires which I have had for 12 months, Rather than believe all the fan boys running around telling me (and everyone else) where and what to do fix issues like this I turned to previous builds on this forum (mainly Queens Cupra) and found she ran into the same problem around 10 years ago to which the fix was and STILL IS stiffer OEM exhaust springs.

So work completed....
Head Decarboned,
InCollage_20230215_175553014.jpg

Valves lapped & Seated, Replaced Exhaust Springs with OEM 036109623AC (No need for stupidly expensive rebranded Golf R springs that are not the correct fitment but sold as such)
InCollage_20230215_175811706.jpg
Replaced Intake Springs & Valve Stem Seals with OEM Stock 036109623R/036109675A
received_529257359192707.jpeg

While the head was off I also did the 2 major items Timing Chain & Water Pump/Supercharger Pulley
(side note VAG actually revised the timing chain and sprockets at some point post CTH manufacture to a chain with fewer but longer links and sprockets with fewer teeth to accommodate the new chain, THIS is something I have not seen mentioned across any forums, what this means is if anyone is having a timing chain done for the 1st time will most likely need the COMPLETE kit incl sprockets, not a partial kit of chain, guides and tensioner (which is what most threads mention))

Threw in a DSG Mech fluid and oil change for good measure, (clutch is sound, again no need for stupidly expensive kevlar for the power/torque I'm running)

After a week in my mates workshop I collected the car this morning which included a little bonus of information that a some point before
my ownership the car had a short block CTH replacement under recall work (something I always suspected) plus pistons were checked and all looking in top condition along with the bores while in the workshop (Happy Days) so now I'm pretty running a full CTH Engine minus the ECU

Engine ticking over quietly, DSG silky smooth and with a quick venture into redline to check all the work was worth the effort.........

YES, 0 Misfire 0 Valve Float

Happy, Healthy Stage 3 BOC on stock internals!!

Part 2 coming soon with a revisit the tuners to tweak the map......

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise