Status
Not open for further replies.

anthedge

May 13, 2008
Hi! I have recently got a new Ibiza and have been reading posts in here everyday for the last month. This site is addictive!

So finally thought I would start joining in a bit. Done quite a few mods already:

FR Grille, aluminium inner door handles, aluminium SEAT Sport gear knob, aluminium handbrake cover, sidelights bulbs (PHILIPS Bluevision - gave up on LEDs!) headlight bulbs (PHILIPS Power2Night GT150 - best balance of visibility and styling), interior lights (blue LEDs), silver indicator bulbs, clear side repeaters and silver bulbs, boot tidy with SEAT logo, aluminium Richbrook tax disc holder (with SEAT laser etched on it), lots of polishing/cleaning/washing it (my neighbours must think I am mental!)

Things I wanna do:

Aluminium sport pedals, a nice footrest cover (will have to search on here for where to get one that fits) possibly the aluminum interior kit (glove box bit, gear knob surround), possibly some new alloys next year, a Ibiza Cupra if I come into some money! (looks so cool in that Speed Blue!)

Undecided:

I have a Honda Civic aerial I used on my old Ibiza - might try it soon, but standard aerial on new Ibiza is shorter (was so long on old Ibiza!), debadging I B I Z A.

This is all I can think of for now, but I am sure I will think of other things as time goes by! Will try and do some pics soon as well.

Last edited:

anthedge

May 13, 2008
So glad you said that. Think I went too far on my old Ibiza! It was a bit too 'Chrome-Tastic'! It sold quite quick tho (kept an eye online of whether it had sold or not - bloody loved that car!). I still have pics of my old Ibiza! I used to call it 'The Beast'! Ha ha! Think I have decided on the name of my new one - 'The Dark Destroyer'.

Anyone else got a name for their Ibiza? Does your partner think you are round the bend like mine does?! I am still cleaning/sprucing it up almost everyday after 6 weeks!

anthedge

May 13, 2008
Oh ****...its the blooming predictive text thing on my phone! Knew I would miss one! You know what I mean!

anthedge

May 13, 2008
I am also considering those Dectane Dayline headlights. Slight doubt that they might look a bit over the top tho. Seen on YouTube that I could fit those myself (part of the fun of this modding lark I think). Love the feeling when you can step back and admire your work.

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
I am also considering those Dectane Dayline headlights. Slight doubt that they might look a bit over the top tho. Seen on YouTube that I could fit those myself (part of the fun of this modding lark I think). Love the feeling when you can step back and admire your work.

Welcome to the site mate :)

Car sounds good, get some pics up asap! If you are talking about the black dectane lights then they aren't UK legal as they are LHD (spoke to the supplier) :( as I wanted some

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Those headlights will all be down to personal taste, alot of folk on here don't like them particularly. I am still undecided on them, one part of me says yeah I like those, then the other side says, mmmmmm maybe not.......... i think it's a love hate thing.

anthedge

May 13, 2008
I will give the Dectane lights a miss then. Think my next purchase is going to be a boring sensible one...a boot mat/cover.

Silent Shark

Apr 3, 2010
When you say "interior lights (blue LEDs)", are you referring to cabin lighting, or have you replaced the orange LEDs that backlights all the buttons with blue ones? If so, I'd love to see pics of that!

anthedge

May 13, 2008
It is just the cabin lighting....the festoon in the middle and the two reading lights either side. It is that nice blue like in the Jaguar XF.

Silent Shark

Apr 3, 2010
Sounds nice. The XF and XJ have the best looking interiors of any car in my opinion. If you're brought an element of that look to the Ibiza then that's fantastic :happy: .

anthedge

May 13, 2008
Another mod I am gonna do...some door sill guards/plates. SEAT ones are a bit pricey tho. Can't remember where I got the ones on my old Ibiza.

anthedge

May 13, 2008
I wish! My dream car is a Jaguar XF. Beautiful interior. Classy but without being chintzy (walnut etc - yuk!). The blue light does look cool at night when you unlock it as you walk towards it!

anthedge

May 13, 2008
Plus I know it is sad, but I love the flip key thing! First car I have had with it! I love my toys/gadgets!

anthedge

May 13, 2008
I got blue festoon bulb on Ultraleds.co.uk...get all my LEDs on there. Dearer than on eBay, but always good quality and swift delivery. Look under car lighting or boat lighting. I have got to put some pics on here. Will try and take a few tomorrow. Liking the ideas about leftover white LED 501s! Got quite a few after the sidelights saga!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise