3 beeps after ignition off

Guy3657

Aug 6, 2023
Hi everyone

I recently bought a mk1 Leon FR with a Pd150. This is more of a curious question as I couldn't care less. When I turn the ignition off (whatever variation you can think of, yes it does it) there is a beep sequence.

The beeps are basically 3 rounds of 2 short beeps, a higher then lower tone. It does have an alarm from factory (yes it's the oem alarm) and it does have an aftermarket radio (idk if that's what makes the beeps, it's what I'm guessing) but if anyone encountered this then I'm curious why it does it.

Much appreciated as always, I've already got some good advice and help here

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Hi everyone

I recently bought a mk1 Leon FR with a Pd150. This is more of a curious question as I couldn't care less. When I turn the ignition off (whatever variation you can think of, yes it does it) there is a beep sequence.

The beeps are basically 3 rounds of 2 short beeps, a higher then lower tone. It does have an alarm from factory (yes it's the oem alarm) and it does have an aftermarket radio (idk if that's what makes the beeps, it's what I'm guessing) but if anyone encountered this then I'm curious why it does it.

Much appreciated as always, I've already got some good advice and help here

I have a Sony head unit. Put it in the car about fifteen years ago, it beeps like that to remind you to detach the faceplate when you turn off the ignition.

Is there such a thing as car radio theft these days? All the new cars have these moulded dashes, it doesn't seem like you'd have much luck slinging half the dash from a 2019 Mondeo.down the Coach and Horses. Back then we even had special cases to put the faceplate into.

Great days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Guy3657

Guy3657

Aug 6, 2023
I have a Sony head unit. Put it in the car about fifteen years ago, it beeps like that to remind you to detach the faceplate when you turn off the ignition.

Is there such a thing as car radio theft these days? All the new cars have these moulded dashes, it doesn't seem like you'd have much luck slinging half the dash from a 2019 Mondeo.down the Coach and Horses. Back then we even had special cases to put the faceplate into.

Great days.

I'm not that young but yeah I know them cases for the face plates. Some days those were. I am surprised that that's what it means but definitely a cool feature I won't lie.

Thank you man 🤟🤟

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I'm not that young but yeah I know them cases for the face plates. Some days those were. I am surprised that that's what it means but definitely a cool feature I won't lie.

Thank you man

If someone stole it, it would give me an excuse to get an Apple Car Play one. I guess I could save myself the cost of a window and a higher insurance premium by just buying an Apple Car Play one.

Reactions: Guy3657
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.