3 inch downpipe, LCR

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
i know its been covered numerous times before regarding blueflame & groupbuys and stuff like that but i've got a quick question (or two) because the SEARCH didn't come up with anything.
a while ago on eGay there was a DP and 100 cell cat for sale from a place called pipe_werx, assuming its similar to the blueflame item will it fit onto the standard exhaust? i know the DP/cat are the restrictive parts of the system and i'm not in the position to get the full turbo back system yet so i'm wanting to get half now and the other half later. has anybody on here either heard of or had any dealings with pipe_werx before?

cheers, karlos :)

Hello mate, i've never dealt with them before but i had a Magnex cat back on my standard downpipe and cat and then changed the downpipe and cat for a Blueflame one which also fitted to the Magnex so it should be fine on the standard backbox. Hope that made sense!
Rich

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Karlos i have seen posts about pipe werx on here.. im sure someone was recommending them a while back.

if the price is similar, why not go for a blue flame.

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
Karlos i have seen posts about pipe werx on here.. im sure someone was recommending them a while back.

if the price is similar, why not go for a blue flame.
i'm just exploring a few options at the moment. i was following a LCR on wednesday night with a turbo back blueflame system and it sounded awesome, it sort of threw my plans for mods a bit as i wasn't planning on touching the exhaust system just yet!

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
i'm just exploring a few options at the moment. i was following a LCR on wednesday night with a turbo back blueflame system and it sounded awesome, it sort of threw my plans for mods a bit as i wasn't planning on touching the exhaust system just yet!

I wonder who that was :whistle:

Its good to be different mate.. theres going to be loads of people with Blueflames, maybe Pipe werx is the the way to go.

dsrr

Oct 23, 2004
Karlos, Pipe Wex is a joint venture set up by John from Awesome GTI and Ian Birch of Blueflame ( a bit of a tuning god in some circles) they both really know their stuff, the DP/Cat they were selling IS a Blueflame, they just do it for a damned good price as they are a new business and are not yet Vat registered.
I was going to buy one from them but got a really good deal on a second hand one that had only done 2K miles.

dsrr

Oct 23, 2004
They are in Ormskirk, and their tel no is 01704 897778 www.pipewerx.com, check out their project car, Ian was responsible for the mad twin engined blue golf in the 90's, now he is at it again with a passat!

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
They are in Ormskirk, and their tel no is 01704 897778 www.pipewerx.com, check out their project car, Ian was responsible for the mad twin engined blue golf in the 90's, now he is at it again with a passat!

that passat will be a monster!! they're hoping for over 1000bhp. they've quoted me £310 for a 3 inch DP and cat delivered............ very tempting!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Just had a look at that site, and unfortunately the only LCR option they offer (that I saw) has either 5" or 4" round tailpipe, which would look horrible on an LCR IMO.

dsrr

Oct 23, 2004
ring them, they will customise it to just about anything you want

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
damo, you drive a LCR don't you? and the link you posted up shows a downpipe/decat for a LC. magnex do a decat but it is a bit crude, TTS do one for the 225 TT which is a lot better quality but a bit more pricey.

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com
damo, you drive a LCR don't you? and the link you posted up shows a downpipe/decat for a LC. magnex do a decat but it is a bit crude, TTS do one for the 225 TT which is a lot better quality but a bit more pricey.

Yes I drive a LCR but couldnt find a link for mine so posted that link for anybody else reading this link that might want one but doesn't have a LCR. Cheers for the info though I can't find one anywhere. They seem quite pricey but when you consider the power gains for the money it then becomes justifiable! Are there any examples of people losing power after de-catting and if so which de-cat pipes did they have fitted.

DamoR

Smoked!!!!
Oct 9, 2006
Birmingham
www.myspace.com

Yes I drive a LCR but couldnt find a link for mine so posted that link for anybody else reading this link that might want one but doesn't have a LCR. Cheers for the info though I can't find one anywhere. Karlos have you any links please?They seem quite pricey but when you consider the power gains for the money it then becomes justifiable! Are there any examples of people losing power after de-catting and if so which de-cat pipes did they have fitted.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I would certainly go to PipeWerx if I wanted another system. Run by Ian Birch :worship:

Ian hand built my system on my car while he was at BlueFlame. Top bloke.

Phone him about tailpipe options, I think you'll find he's got a full range.

Clicky

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.