4 tyres and fitting for £100 is that a bargain or what ?

Dillan G

Aug 9, 2009
Sittingbourne Kent
My front to tyres were loosing grip and were also illegal.. went to a local garage to find out the price and it was 100 so not to bad .. however they noticed it was the front left one that was the worst of the inside of the wheel, i thought it would be due to tracking however the guy at the shop said its not to do with that .. any ideas guys ?

Thank you

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
Surely it would be the camber if the tyre is wearing on one side more than the other?

Did the guy check the tracking or just make an assumption?

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
check tracking mate, also see if the bushes are worn and have sagged the wheels a bit which can wear the inside more

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Its just what happens to mk4 ibizas because the console bushes are poor quality. They all wear bad on the inside, ive had two sets of tyres wear more on the inside than out.

Also the camber isnt adjustable. Could be the toe i suppose that could make it worse, did you get it checked out?

What size are your wheels? I wouldnt be buying tyres that cheap, only thing between your car and the road, personally i wouldnt skimp out. But it certainly seems a bargain

Dillan G

Aug 9, 2009
Sittingbourne Kent
well nothing has been checked out its all been assumptions but going to check it out properly tomorrow.. yeah i know they were very cheap .. but only option i really wanted to go for as i really want some alloy wheels so will get proper tyres for that when i get some decent wheels

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
you pay for what you get. Not sure i would be happy coming into the karousel with some crap tyres made by Codyear or tyrestone or maybe Birelli or even Bitchelin, or whatever iother crap names these cheap chinese manufacturers use.

Why anyone would skimp on tyres i don;t know, heres hoping you odn;t have a blow out or need to brake suddenly.

RachIbiza

Jeremy Kyle is my idol
Apr 3, 2008
Portsmouth
They will be the famous Dunflop nevergrips !!

haha!

my front left tyre had worn away a fair bit on the inside and coupled with a slow puncture that i didnt notice left me driving along the motorway on sunday and BANG went the tyre! scary stuff and i was lucky not to crash/damage the wheel or anything else. got it replaced and got the tracking done/wheels aligned and the car feels AMAZING now - so worth it! if you're anywhere in the south i can recommend the place for u :) oh and my tyres are £70 a pop which is about mid range - i wouldnt go cheaper than this now after i saw how it survived quite well to keep me on the road on sunday!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
if you're anywhere in the south i can recommend the place for u :) oh and my tyres are £70 a pop which is about mid range - i wouldnt go cheaper than this now after i saw how it survived quite well to keep me on the road on sunday!

I'm on Uniroyal Rainsports 205/45-16 - last pair were £155 fitted and balanced on my work carpark - can't fault the blackcircles mobile fitted prices.

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
The inner wear would more than likey be due to the toe in/out rather than camber.
And don't skimp on tyers!

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
From what i've been told and read, as properly set up camber will not make too much of a noticable difference in wear.
I think it has to be done by tracking/ alignment.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
HAd them on my last car, nice tread indeed...however on the beeza I'm loving the Proxes 4 that I'm running atm.

chino, i'd love you to write up a review about the proxe 4's...i was looking for them and then got quoted a good price for T1R's so went with these, but will go with Proxe 4's deffo next time

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
They are really good so far. I've only done about 600miles on them so far so it's early days. I considered T1R's myself, but tales of them only lasting around 5k put me off, thought the Proxes 4s might last a bit longer.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
They are really good so far. I've only done about 600miles on them so far so it's early days. I considered T1R's myself, but tales of them only lasting around 5k put me off, thought the Proxes 4s might last a bit longer.

5k :cartman: i really do feel for those who muller their tyres...i'v done about 4k on mine and still looking new (especially the rears), so hoping they'll last me just as long, if not longer than the PZero's at 15k minimum

the tread on the Proxe 4's is freegin mean, and to be an improvement on the T1R's can only be a good thing as mine are very good tyres all-round

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.