Geometry Settings:

1609956067124.png

1609956105475.png

1609956136365.png

1609956211672.png

1609956242731.png

James cupra 290 black

Apr 9, 2020
That’s great info guys I really appreciate that. There really doesn’t seem to be much difference in pre FL and FL cupra settings. Would anyone think there would be a noticeable difference in feeling and drive ability between the settings for pre FL and FL cupras.

James cupra 290 black

Apr 9, 2020
I had two new tyres and the car aligned last weekend. I have been driving it all week and what a difference. The car feels amazing again. I have the confidence to go around corners like it’s the summer. The guy at the garage (who used to race cars apparently) dialled in a little bit more negative camber at the rear to aid rear end grip. I know some of you are going to say it will wear the rear tyres a bit quicker but you know what I don’t give a s***. You don’t buy a cupra for conservative driving. If you want that from a cupra then just get a 1.0 FR. The settings we used were G05+2UG and not G12/G13 which have been used on my car in the past. I hope this helps someone in the future.

Reactions: BillyCool and queen

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
yes I agree. They are wearing evenly. But when you push it very hard it just doesn’t feel as planted as it when I bought it. With Michelin tyres they wear very well unlike some tyres I have used. Even at 2mm they handle great. But do slip when pulling off. My point is I have had three alignments done and every time the car feels different. Has anyone got a print out of there wheel alignment.
Glad to hear that you've got the car sorted and new boots on the front. To be honest, if you were hooning about with 2mm on your front tyres saying they handle "great" you've been a bit of a nob to put it mildly! And isn't the legal limit 3mm?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Glad to hear that you've got the car sorted and new boots on the front. To be honest, if you were hooning about with 2mm on your front tyres saying they handle "great" you've been a bit of a nob to put it mildly! And isn't the legal limit 3mm?
The legal limit is 1.6 mm.

James cupra 290 black

Apr 9, 2020
Thanks for your reply. No I don’t think it’s being a nob to be honest. I think it’s using the car for what it was designed to do. Like the person said above the legal limit it 1.6mm over 75% of the tyre I believe.

Reactions: Woody_72

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
As @black_sheep said legal limit is 1.6mm. Plus 2mm tread depth although (IMO) awful for wet weather driving, in the dry they'll probably handle better as the tread blocks will flex less. But they'll also take longer to warm up in the cold weather. But then this is the UK road not F1 track so maybe not lol

I had two new tyres and the car aligned last weekend. I have been driving it all week and what a difference. The car feels amazing again. I have the confidence to go around corners like it’s the summer. The guy at the garage (who used to race cars apparently) dialled in a little bit more negative camber at the rear to aid rear end grip. I know some of you are going to say it will wear the rear tyres a bit quicker but you know what I don’t give a s***. You don’t buy a cupra for conservative driving. If you want that from a cupra then just get a 1.0 FR. The settings we used were G05+2UG and not G12/G13 which have been used on my car in the past. I hope this helps someone in the future.
I run -2.0 degrees at the rear and done 15,000 miles with no wear issues on the rear. Running -2.5 at the front though and going to need to change soon.

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Thanks for your reply. No I don’t think it’s being a nob to be honest. I think it’s using the car for what it was designed to do. Like the person said above the legal limit it 1.6mm over 75% of the tyre I believe.
I stand corrected on the legal minimum (it was early!) but I beg to differ on the nob bit if you seem surprised that you're not getting grip with 2mm left - tyre performance is seriously degraded at that point. The Cupra has enough trouble putting it down even with certain new tyres.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I stand corrected on the legal minimum (it was early!) but I beg to differ on the nob bit if you seem surprised that you're not getting grip with 2mm left - tyre performance is seriously degraded at that point. The Cupra has enough trouble putting it down even with certain new tyres.
*in the wet.

We do have dry days in the UK, even in Manchester despite the perma-rain cloud over us. What will be more a factor at the moment than 2mm in the dry, is the cold with summer tyres.

James cupra 290 black

Apr 9, 2020
My original post wasn’t about the front end grip. It was about the feel of the car when pushing on. Of course only having 2mm of tread depth is not ideal with a cupra in the winter. My point was the car was set up with the wrong settings (G12/G13). I wanted advice about what could be the problem and what settings are correct. A cupra with 2mm tread still handles amazing compared to alot of cars. I drive how the car was designed to be driven. I think the nob comment is pathetic and a bit below the belt but what ever. I have been called a lot worse ?

• Haha
Reactions: Loadmaster748
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise