5 year free AA cover - great!

superkully

Jul 1, 2004
I had a coil pack go a couple of weeks ago, manged to limp home on two cylinders and called the SEAT AA number.

The AA man came out and replaced the coil pack for free! He said if they can replace something, they will and send the invoice direct to SEAT.

The car is 4.5 years old so if I'd taken it to the garage I'm sure they would have charged me for the part and fitting.

Something to keep in mind when something goes.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
keep yours fingers crossed cos if seat refuse to pay the AA will be back in touch.

However on Coil packs as its such a known problem on vag engines they extended the warranty to 5 yrs i believe. So if your MAF had gone you would not have had a free replcement

Black_FR

From my research on the Seat Assist, it seems that cars registered :

Prior to Jan 03 - 3 years Cover
Then from Jan 03 upto 31 Dec 04 - 5 years cover
After 01 Jan 05 - 2 Years Cover

You can call the on 0500 22 22 22 option 4 and give them your reg details to check which one you have.

Saves paying for the AA twice !

Last edited by a moderator:

cupra_brown

Jul 27, 2005
have i been ripped then?
i got aa with my 03 cupra r and had to call them the other day as i had a coil pack gone down.
aa turned up , confirmed it was coil pack, and told me it was not covered by seat warranty and i had to pay £41 for it!!!

jedi knight

BIG AND BOUNCY
Jun 18, 2004
West Midlands
As far as I know parts are not free but it all depends on if the AA patrol reads the text on the job, called them out a few times for blown bulbs and didn't get charged for them even though I should have been.

cupra_brown

Jul 27, 2005
so it seems pot luck if you get an aa person who can/cant read then to as wether you pay or not ? :)

i must be unlucky........ 2 seperate coils and charged both times...

andycupra

status subject to change
the 5 year warranty is not that easy to take up.
its apparently a 'good will warranty' and a dealer will only honour it if you take car to the dealer and they can confirm its a coil pack and call seat for approval.

however, as you cant get the car to the dealer with a broken coil pack. or at least you shouldnt... how do you take up this warranty if you are outside the original 3 years but within the 5?
my experience has been if you cant get the car here, you will have to pay for it and no you can claim back afterwards.

my breakdown cover will take me to the nearest approved garage, not to the dealer which is further away.
frustrating!

bizzaboy

As far as I know parts are not free but it all depends on if the AA patrol reads the text on the job, called them out a few times for blown bulbs and didn't get charged for them even though I should have been.

Blown bulbs? So that's why the AA take so long to turn up, as half the country are calling them out to replace blown number plate bulbs!? :blink:

Hardly a breakdown - or is that what you experience after discovering such a catastrophe? :lol:

jedi knight

BIG AND BOUNCY
Jun 18, 2004
West Midlands
Blown bulbs? So that's why the AA take so long to turn up, as half the country are calling them out to replace blown number plate bulbs!? :blink:

Hardly a breakdown - or is that what you experience after discovering such a catastrophe? :lol:

:p

At the end of the day it's there to be used :p

andycupra

status subject to change
i was told yesterday its a 3 year AA warranty.
after that its up to you to get it to a dealer and they only repiar on good will once confirmed and have seats approval to do repair.

but that you cant drive the car if a coil pack has gone...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise