50mm or 42mm intake manifold...?

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
Been looking at a few manifolds on the great bay of eees and noticed that some say 50mm or 42mm... Also mentions a bit of extra something from the 50mm manifold... how do you know which one you have, is there a way of finding out without removing the manifold from the engine?
And is it going to make a difference if i have a 42mm manifold and i get a 50mm one?

Much appreciation as always ;)

Rocco

I used to have both on previous Golf 16V's...the 42mm provides better torque figures and the 50mm hight=er top end...at least that's what I got on the rolling road at AMD

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
the smaller maiifold was on 1.8L cars and yank cars that didn't make as much power as ours - the 50mm is the one for the abf

gregclarks

Trying to Resist ARBs
May 31, 2006
Yeah all ABF ones are 50mm, all the polished ones on eBay are the 42mm KR type. a polished ABF (like i am working on) is a rarity! I have three abf manifolds now - working through them! flowing them along ther way...

gregclarks

Trying to Resist ARBs
May 31, 2006
Plus, i think that the KR type ones, even the 50mm ones have different throttle bodies on them. and the location is different, stick to abf

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.