6J Ibiza Cupra tidy up

ZakG

Nov 16, 2018
They are the ones! But you also need the carriers.

Yip, just decent pads, yeti discs are more to match the fronts.
Ok great and does the rear feel sturdy enough? I know most of the braking comes from the front anyway!

And Yes they are included in both of those eBay auctions aren’t they? Sorry I am still trying to learn, mine is a facelift, this wouldn’t affect it at all would it? Attached some pics of my current setup for reference, did yours look similar if you can remember?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 3A023794-D448-45DA-AAEA-C76C532867C1.jpeg
    3A023794-D448-45DA-AAEA-C76C532867C1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 135
  • 7D4AE350-59F7-4935-ABAE-7D33F4A0AA2F.jpeg
    7D4AE350-59F7-4935-ABAE-7D33F4A0AA2F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 141

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
I am now dangerously close to ordering a sports cat downpipe and and a revolution stage 2.

I have an intercooler and all the connections waiting to be fitted.

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Started fitting a Scorpion 70mm sports cat downpipe and a larger intercooler today, hopefully I will have it all done tomorrow.

Ossulsx.jpg

Reactions: MATT RILEY

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
No going back now...

mLZet7E.jpg

Comparison of the 70mm downpipe and sports cat compared to standard:

wMlOR7w.jpg

Things never go to plan, so I am not finished as soon as i thought. Really struggled to separate the exhaust joiner from the millek exhaust, I guess I over clamped it and I had also used some exhaust sealant. So I had to remove the exhaust and cut the connect off. New longer joiner on order.

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Forge Blow off valve arrived today :

JJ8TQ3b.jpg

New exhaust joiner arrived so hopefully I get the car back together this weekend.

And then a REVO tune next week.

Reactions: dan103

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Intercooler mounted:
y73ibxk.jpg

There is DIY FAQ guide in the 6j section but no one has posted on how to support the top of the intercooler, other wise it will flap around.

My solution - Two simple DIY brackets mounted to the crash bar

zJergZ9.jpg

P39MNMP.jpg

k2JtNw6.jpg

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Tough lesson learned

"ALWAYS DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY"

Working on my cars normally I do, but this time I figured I am only fitting an exhaust, so didn't bother. Long story short I (excuse the pun) I shorted the downpipe on the alternator regulator.

I though nothing more of it. But once I had the car back together yesterday, I started it to be met with a charge/battery lamp on the dash. Set about the car with multi-meter, and quickly realised that it wast charging at all.

I have removed the old regulator, not so easy in situ. I hope it will be as easy as swapping the regulatory over, fingers crossed!

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
MVP tonight was my trusty multimeter.

By the power of elimination I was able to determine that there was a broken circuit between the alternator and the battery:

Ta da

yaB3uNw.jpg

Reactions: MATT RILEY

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Replaced my flimsy eBay special arms beast with a genuine SEAT one today.
So much better. Solid, no wobble and your can actually rest your arm on it

9SjPKEg.jpg

lSeeowG.jpg

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Finally part of the hardware in place
BKR7EIX spark plugs
QRu176b.jpg

And Revo stage 2 tune booked in. Also means a nice trip across the Öresund bridge to Copenhagen as that was the nearest Revo dealer

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Revo Stage 2 done!

Good results I think

220hp & 305nm

Tested before and after the software. Actually made 199hp without the software on just the hardware upgrades alone.

xVosNe3.jpg

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
One week later! Super happy, car is transformed. Instant torque

And still returning 43mpg on a normal drive

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Just caught up on this thread, looks good!

Saw the bit with the wrapped exhaust? What is the point of that? I get the straight pipe bit, but what purpose does wrapping it serve other than a fire risk?

EDIT:
Quick google suggests it gives you more horsepower as it keeps the exhaust hot... :think:

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Just caught up on this thread, looks good!

Saw the bit with the wrapped exhaust? What is the point of that? I get the straight pipe bit, but what purpose does wrapping it serve other than a fire risk?

EDIT:
Quick google suggests it gives you more horsepower as it keeps the exhaust hot... :think:

All I can say, is all wrapping a mild steel under car exhaust does is promote rust.

Reactions: The Daily Meme

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Gave the callipers a quick refresh
rbkEgx4.jpg

And installed a new launcher for my eBay special stereo.

Lh5kx7A.jpg

I looked at my summer wheels and decided I really needed new tyres. I went for Bridgestone Turanzas which seem a good tyre. Weird thing the tyres on the car are 215/45/17, the standard size in 215/40/17, so approx 20mm larger in diameter.
I decided to order that size again; they have never rubbed and fill the arches a bit nicer. speedo might be out a couple of KM but I can live with that

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Thought the car was looking extra nice tonight, probably because it isn't getting covered in road silt recently.

Actually really like the extra rubber on the 215/45/17 tyres

nbVnHKH.jpg

YbPjJFG.jpg

7PUACBp.jpg

Now thinking about a front splitter. Yes or no?

Also need car failed its MOT on too high CO on Idle (all other values were good). Not sure what it can be, maybe the sports CAT wasn't heated up, maybe a small leak in the exist, maybe a vacuum leak from the blow off valve and hosing, or maybe I need a o2 spacer. I will host in the tech sections too but, if any one has an idea...

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
some great updates if you don't mind me asking how much is a genuine seat arm rest? Been looking at some after market ones but wondered how much genuine is.

Normally im supporter of front splitters but I think it looks dead clean at front already. Im sure it would look good with one though

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
some great updates if you don't mind me asking how much is a genuine seat arm rest? Been looking at some after market ones but wondered how much genuine is.

Normally im supporter of front splitters but I think it looks dead clean at front already. Im sure it would look good with one though

I think I paid a little over a 100 pounds for a second hand one. The aftermarket one I had was garbage, creeked, couldn't support your arm etc.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members