8bit's new R...

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Picked this up last week...

u3e4.jpg

en1m.jpg

A 2008 Jaguar XKR. Utterly delighted :D For those that don't know, it's a 4.2 supercharged V8, making 420bhp and 413lb/ft to the rear wheels through a 6-speed semi-automatic ZF transmission with paddle shift and sport setting. It goes like stink, sounds absolutely fearsome and I think it's gorgeous.

Spec as follows - 20" wheels, front and rear heated screens, front and rear parking sensors, heated front seats, electric everything, memory seats, charcoal leather interior, Bowers & Wilkins 5.1 Dolby Prologic-II stereo with iPod connection.

Made one very small modification so far. These have an active exhaust valve which opens at high throttle input to increase engine noise. The actuator for the valve has a fuse which, when removed, causes the valve to stay fully open all the time, giving a bit more exhaust note.

I'll get a few more pics sorted once I've stopped driving it long enough to wash it and get the decent camera out. It came with a private plate which I don't like so that'll be coming off and getting sold. At some point it will get a nice exhaust too but that'll be a while yet, for fear of getting divorced ;)

Couple more pics I got from the dealer but that's all for now. Thanks for looking :)

ysal.jpg

e918.jpg

hmw4.jpg

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Absolute beaut that mate, you must be well happy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers, yeah delighted!

Lovely motor! Some raw power there too! Through the rear shoes, can only mean good fun! :)

Do I hear an early mid life crisis but? :p

Cheeky sod ;) Nah I'm comfortable with my age thanks, I'll get a 911 or a Ducati when midlife crisis time comes round ;)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Nice "sensible" family car, lol

That's the Leon, the Jag is my fun car ;)

You're gonna be on first name terms at your local petrol station.

Enjoy it though, it's a corker.

Cheers Nath, she does like a drink - managed 21mpg on the 3 hour drive home, most of which was motorway. Have a couple of long-ish drives over the next couple of weekends, will see what it returns soon.

Nice car mate, hope this satisfies your V8 itch!

Cheers, the engine is fantastic - pop the 'box in sport mode and nail it and it just picks up and roars off. It's a very different delivery to a turbo car, no slam in the back from relatively low revs but if you keep the engine spinning quickly it's properly brutal and sounds absolutely filthy ;)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
cheers mate, yeah i fancied something a bit different this time round. That said, the LCR is "different" round here, see way more S3's, TT's and Golf GTI/R32's etc. here.

Shame there's no tunnels round here but I did find myself driving up a narrow, deserted street with highish walls either side this evening so had to drop the windows, pop down two cogs and nail it. Arrived at the traffic lights giggling like a child ;)

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Nice mate. Sat at the traffic light on wellington road behind one of these earlier thinkin "i wonder if thats him off the forum" haha, but that one was red haha. Hope your enjoying it!

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Cheers :) Loving it so far. If there's ever another Aberdeen meet or the RR day comes together I'll bring it along.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Gave the car a wash yesterday, just a quick (ish) two-bucket method effort but came up pretty well. Whoever valeted it before I picked it up did a good job and used decent stuff, the water was sheeting off as soon as I hosed it down at first. Think I'll need to set about it with the clay though, black shows up residue from bird crap and bug splats pretty bad.

Took it out for a few photos this evening, I'm no photographer so if they're a bit crap, well, bite me :)

y98n.jpg

fhjj.jpg

ifc8.jpg

g08s.jpg

0b0y.jpg

l2o7.jpg

74ke.jpg

mn86.jpg

y2ei.jpg

0xxx.jpg

6x7z.jpg

vw5y.jpg