A £4000 mod for my LCR!

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
Not my thing admittedly, never seen the attraction in personalised plates, but if you think its worth it, who cares !?!

MK8

4K for a 7 character plate! woah, crazy! Seems very expensive for the plate! Always think PP should be less than 7 characters to stand out more, but thats just me! I would have never spent that much!

benz-84

awsome dude my leon was the same as your plate ha ha
well i think its kinda cool you must be minted fella

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
if thats what floats your boat then fair play to you mate, my plate cost my missus £250. i'd have spent the money on a BT conversion as i don't have a bike.

Rikko

Owner Of The Possesed 1
Dec 19, 2006
Grimsby
Well if my LCR only weighed 150Kg it would be alot faster than your bike mate due to the power to weight ratio but my car will go round corners better.

Rikko

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
Everyone likes to spend differently - if i had £4k spare cash i would buy a new kitchen, but then the thought of that to some people would be awful and would be prepared to pay £4k for a number plate.

If everyone was the same the world would be very boring!!

Imo I am not bothered about personalised plates, but likewise other people are not bothered about kitchens!!

:D

nibbles

And Impreza
Everyone likes to spend differently - if i had £4k spare cash i would buy a new kitchen, but then the thought of that to some people would be awful and would be prepared to pay £4k for a number plate.

If everyone was the same the world would be very boring!!

Imo I am not bothered about personalised plates, but likewise other people are not bothered about kitchens!!

:D
i am as i move house on friday and need a new one :lol:

gazzy-g

each to thier own my but reg plates can be a good investment baught 1 for my mum 5 years ago for 2k thought it was steep but one the same bar the final letter the surname letter at the end was recently sold for 13k not a bad return if she was to sell now she could buy an lcr with the profit

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Saw you coming!!!!!!!

I always fancied a DEN plate but want pay for it and won't use one of these reg brokers as they over inflate the prices.

Got E11SE H on my elise and if I have a daughter will have soughted her 21st b'day out (she will be called Elise not E11SEH before someone takes the michael), cost £600 all in from DVLA

As probably said before, the plate like anything is only worth what someone will pay for it, this guy obviously found someone daft enough but I am sure you could have got it for much less, chances are he has had it for sale for ages.

You would have probably been better going to a DVLa auction for something bette rand shorter for the money.

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
you say your car will never be as fast as your bike..resulting me to think that you like how fast your bike is, y not have spent that 4k on modding your bike and made it faster...theres never enough speed for our "private roads" is there??

but anywho, fair-play for spending that much money on something you wanted..and just for the record, i knew what it said straight away...how cool am i :lol:

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
Glad you're happy with the plate mate, just make sure you hang onto it for life cos i'm sure you'll never get 4K back if you ever sell it.

Super_Cupra_7

Mar 12, 2007
Dunfermline, Scotland
Lol i knew someone was going to bring that up! I still havent got it back on the road yet and im buying things for its return!

Yes it is supposed to be DEEEANO everyone my age can read it fine and think its a good buy considering the other deano number plates are at £25000.

Its something ive always wanted and can have for life, and if i need the money can sell it on- hopefully some might well say.

Come on someone must be happy for me or am i just insanly stupid :blink:

I think it looks pretty sweet, and if it something you have always wanted, then respect to you.
Personally, a wee bit pricey.
But who am I to talk when the one I would like would probs cost me £50000 :doh:

8 MO - £55000 - Pretty expensive!!!!

swissrebel

May 17, 2007
H 8 is apparently 150,000.

Nice...

Rather have 4 grand in cash personally in this case. But then, I like cash.

flares

Feb 11, 2007
newport,south wales
That is toooo expensive . For that money u should be looking at a plate with 2 no`s & 2 letters , but if you`re happy thats all that matters

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.