A couple of MK2 issues, then I can get modding!

Fletchrr

Sep 18, 2015
Hi everyone, I just recently registered due to buying a Leon 1.9 TDi on an 08 plate. Nice to meet you!

The plan is to really make the car my own and go the full works, as I like to modify things and hate leaving stuff at factory haha.

However, before I get to that I have a few niggling things I need to sort out first. Hopefully a few of which some of you may be able to help me with! Ive searched the forum but I'm struggling to find the information I need, I seriously doubt I'm the first to ask but there is just so much to get through on here xD

So, here we go. I have a few scratches on the exterior black plastic trim near the rear drivers side door just to the right of the door handle - I was wondering what's the best way to restore this? The plastic has chipped off and left white marks, not just scuffs. Is there a specific paint I could buy or is it just a matter of replacing the trim? (and if so, anyone know the part number? xD)

I also want to do away with the boring grey dash fascia, so my idea was to purchase replacement trim and spray it black, as I've seen someone else do on this very forum. However I'm finding it difficult to find the correct part numbers. The pieces I'm after are the radio/cd player fascia, the climatronic fascia and the large piece that goes around the whole speedo above the steering wheel.

I just want to say thanks to anyone that can help in advance, looking forward to being an active member of the forum :)

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
wurth do a plastic dye which looks pretty Oem, but if it's chipped and cracked, wouldn't it be easier to get a new piece of trim?
parts :
Cluster surround 1P2857244
Climate surround 5P0907044
I seem to recall the radio cd fascia is mounted to the Oem radio so you have to colour in situ unless that is you have a Nav unit fitted in which case the part number is 1P2858071A

Check and double check the parts above are exactly what you need.

Fletchrr

Sep 18, 2015
Thanks very much! You're right about the radio cluster, it is attached to the trim, so I'll be buying a Sat Nav trim to replace it with, thanks very much for the part number :)

The exterior trim isn't exactly cracked its just the top layer of plastic has been scuffed somehow and its showing the white of the material underneath. I'll have a look to see if it can be removed, but as for its part number I have no idea haha, seems difficult to even find pictures of it online. The Wurth dye looks like it could work, thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Fletchrr

Sep 18, 2015
Thanks a lot G4reth, looks great! Was the prep difficult? It sounds a bit tedious xD Thanks Daniel M Ill have a look :)

G4reth

FR PD170
Dec 4, 2011
Middlesbrough
It was ok as I was off work, it took me 2 days all in, but that included leaving it for 12 hours to dry. The tedious part is removing and sanding the parts. But it is definitely worth it.

You'll need fine wet and dry paper (800 and 1200 grades), and primer for the prep.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.