A couple of questions from a new Leon owner

aps

Hi guys,

Firstly - great site! Was incredibly useful when I was considering swapping my Peugeot 307 (yeah, I know...) for a Leon, and by the time it actually arrived I felt like I knew the car inside out already, thanks to this forum.

However, I do have three further questions. I have RTFM and they don't seem to be answered in there, and I've searched too but with no definitive answers that I can see. So here goes:

1) What on earth is "Convenience Mode" in the Setup menu? The options are "Off", "Driver" or "All". When it was on "Off", I couldn't get the mirrors to fold in anymore by holding the lock button down, but surely that's called "total closure" not "convenience mode"? Any ideas?

2) Any way to turn up the volume of the warning 'beep', eg. when fuel level is low? I've read on here that the beep is sh*t-scary loud, yet in mine I can only just hear it over the stereo. Have they turned it down on recent models?

3) Is there any way to use the Bluetooth system to connect 'directly' to the phone? For instance, with a bluetooth headset, you can hit the Talk button and it connects to your phone and allows you to use your phone's voice dial. I know the Bluetooth system has its own internal voice dial menu but can I get it to use my phone's?

Think that's it. Thanks for any replies.

A new Seat Leon fan!

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
1) It's which doors unlock when you open the car with one press of the remote.

No idea about any of the others tho.

Welcome.

Last edited:

aps

Thanks for your replies. 2 isn't a major issue but I might ask them to turn it up a bit at its first service - not really worth a special trip for.

1 - thanks, Rampage, that's what I was thinking too. However, a) there's an option for "Selective Unlocking"; b) the 'Off' option wouldn't make much sense if that were the case, and c) I tried putting it on 'Off' and it still opened the driver door (on one touch) and all doors on two as before. So I'm none the wiser..!

And 3 - thanks, goble, but my phone connects fine (although no phone book download - thank you, Nokia(!)). However I can't seem to make a 'direct' connection to my phone as described in Post 1. Even if I operate the voice dial from the phone itself, it can't "hear" anything because I assume it's relying on the car's microphone which will be switched off. Not to worry, though.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
It might be which mirrors fold in then, not the door unlocking.
Look in the index of the manual under 'convenience menu'. I don't have a manual so I can't check for you.

aps

Yeah, could be that I suppose - will have a play around and see for sure.

I've looked in the manual - all it tells me is that the options for "Convenience Mode" are "All", "Driver" or "Off". Thanks, SEAT - I'd got that far myself!

Not a huge problem but it's nice to know what does what.

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

Yeah, could be that I suppose - will have a play around and see for sure.

I've looked in the manual - all it tells me is that the options for "Convenience Mode" are "All", "Driver" or "Off". Thanks, SEAT - I'd got that far myself!

Not a huge problem but it's nice to know what does what.

Conveniece mode is to do with the auto down of the windows with the key

as in hold the lock unlock button and the windows will come down

Irfan

aps

Conveniece mode is to do with the auto down of the windows with the key
Bingo! Thank you very much - this is exactly it. Tried it this evening and it did exactly what you'd expect. What odd terminology, though - how do they figure that's a "convenience mode"?

Cheers.

MortNoire

Perhaps convenience is spanish for ' its them bleedin' : doors' :confused: