A few observations with my new Leon and its media plus system

masher69

Sep 29, 2013
Northamptonshire
I bought the red collar cable with a view to showing album art etc from my iPod Classic. When I plugged it in however the Media Plus system did not recognize the device? Anyone any ideas? The supplied blue collar cable works fine for sound & does give track information. Just seems the red collar one is incompatible somehow? It is the OEM VW 000 051 446 M that I bought btw. Car is 1.8TSi FR DSG Technology & after waiting 7 months for delivery (long story!) I am dead chuffed with everything about it!

That's disappointing as I was thinking of buying one of those cables so we could play video from an iPod.:cry:

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Perhaps the red cable only works with iOS devices?

The iPod classic is different as when you plug it in the car uploads something to the iPod and changes the display whereas you don't see that on an iOS device. I've got an original iPod Touch 1st gen that I keep meaning to try out.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Well I tried my old 1st generation iPod Touch running iOS 3.1.3 and still no album artwork. However was a lot faster playing out the tracks compared to the iPod Classic I use normally.

Guess I'll keep an eye out for a cheap newer iPod Touch

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise