ABS Pump Coding - Help

plr1980

Nov 11, 2008
Hi Folks

ABS warnig lights came on(No Supply Voltage) error code so I replaced the Pump and control module with an ebay one same ABS block part number but not sure about the control module as I coundn't fina a code on it.
Transpires it was a broken power wire but now the second hand one I got has been installed but is running constantly and also says it needs coding whats the best way to get the code without paying a bomb.
Does the running constantly mean the replacement is broke or just a coding issue..

Cheers
Peter.

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
Hello there,

I believe you possibly can carry out a coding procedure using Vagcom, part of it might be automated, meaning that the Vagcom scan software will possibly be able to read part of the replacement module, but you'll need to work out the log in code, to be able to complete the process/procedure otherwise it won't work.

I think part of the Vin/chassis number is encrypted into each ECU/module on each individual model, including if it's a petrol or diesel, engine size, how many cylinders, what size the front & rear brake discs are. It has to be encoded correctly as the engine ECU will possibly want to communicate with the ABS ECU, and vice versa.

Vagcom will also possibly ask you for info from the white identification sticker in the boot ?

Did you carry out a scan of the ABS ECU/module before removing it from your car ??

There might be someone on here with more info or someone who has Vagcom near you. Other then that it'll need to go to the SEAT Main Dealership or your local trusted garage if they've got the correct equipment.

Hope this helps
Si

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
VCDS will, where possible, suggest a security log in code for most modules, then you would need to run through all the available channels or BITS to see what needed changing, far easier if you plug in the original one and read its coding first though.

Troubs12

May 30, 2020
Hi is your abs unit a MK60 or MK60CE1? I’m not sure about Seat but I know MK60CE1 “should” be coded online at a dealer but if you can connect you old unit, copy the code you should be able to transfer it to the installed unit with no issues. However I was able to code a new MK60CE1 to mine after trolling over the internet to manually build the code up which I can help with if needed.

This is assuming that’s the type of unit you have.

Or if you have a previous log saved that should also have your original code to save the hassle.

Hope this helps bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members