Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
The top-of-the-range Formentor models with the 2.0 TSI engine, can deliver 310 HP (228 kW) and 400 Nm. The standard active suspension was adapted in conjunction with racing driver Mattias Ekström, who drove in the DTM for ABT Sportsline in the past.

ABT_CUPRA_Formentor_08-1200x800.jpg
CUPRA Formentor with AB

ABT are now offering a performance upgrade* to 370 HP (272 kW) and 450 Nm for the Formentor.

The high-tech control unit ABT Engine Control (AEC) is used. The increase of 60 HP (44 kW) and 50 Nm is also reflected in the acceleration, so that 0-100 km/h is achieved in just 4.6 seconds instead of 4.9 seconds. This is within striking distance of a Porsche Boxster GTS with manual transmission.

ABT_CUPRA_Formentor_09-1200x800.jpg
CUPRA Formentor with ABT

An additional four-pipe ABT exhaust system is available to order at the end of the 1st...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: jcbmally

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
I realy like the look of this car. Anyone else read the article about the rumour of SEAT putting the 400BHP 2.5 5 pot in the Formentor soon? Only downside with that is the price is going to be as much as an RSQ3 so what's the point; People will buy the Audi. However the Formentor is a far better looking car.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I realy like the look of this car. Anyone else read the article about the rumour of SEAT putting the 400BHP 2.5 5 pot in the Formentor soon? Only downside with that is the price is going to be as much as an RSQ3 so what's the point; People will buy the Audi. However the Formentor is a far better looking car.
Subjective

i much prefer the look of the RSQ3 and if they were priced similar i would rather an Audi badge rather than a Copper Transformers made up badge with zero clout.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Doubtful 5 cylinder Formentor would be priced as RSQ3. Similar engined Cupras/Seats are always cheaper than equivalent Audi, heck they are cheaper than equivalent VW.

Any info on the price for this ABT tune? Will it be "factory" like with Ateca?

Reactions: Mike the_cupra

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Doubtful 5 cylinder Formentor would be priced as RSQ3. Similar engined Cupras/Seats are always cheaper than equivalent Audi, heck they are cheaper than equivalent VW.

Any info on the price for this ABT tune? Will it be "factory" like with Ateca?
Yeah you're right, but it seems that SEATs are getting more expensive with each new model. This 2.0L 310BHP model Formentor is almost £40k on SEATs website, one spec starts at £42k. So to think the 5 cylinder will be more than that. It's in competition with the Audi.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Only positive is that if the 400hp formentor is 50k it would be having a good spec as compared to rsq3 sport which is 50k but with some options it pushes to 60k. So formetor will undercut rsq3 on price.
I hope ABT brings this to uk.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
If this abt version comes out , how do you buy it ? Through cupra regular route or do you have to buy it through ABT?

Dovla_ktm

Jan 22, 2021
I asked my ABT dealer (Croatia) for the price and they told me 2370 eur + 100 eur for work. Way too much for piggyback tuning. Also factory warranty is void. They told me you can buy 3year ABT warranty for additional 900 eur (300 per year).

Attachments

• 7DE2B955-8500-4D37-8E9C-F18929ECE5BC.png
    7DE2B955-8500-4D37-8E9C-F18929ECE5BC.png
    59 KB · Views: 184

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
I asked my ABT dealer (Croatia) for the price and they told me 2370 eur + 100 eur for work. Way too much for piggyback tuning. Also factory warranty is void. They told me you can buy 3year ABT warranty for additional 900 eur (300 per year).

Basically for popping the factory warranty and playing lotto with Abt guys for 3470Euros over the asking price of a Formentor... I prefeer to buy it stock, go with my own preferred tuner (Revo stage 1 if anyone wants to know), pop the engine warranty (and transmission almost for sure too) by myself and be done and still have a nice quantity of chump change for when the times get tough...

Dovla_ktm

Jan 22, 2021
There’s no playing lotto with ABT cause they are like “official” VAG tuner but the price for this is shameful. ABT is luxury tuner almost like Brabus and similar but this price for piggyback device, nonsense. They are offering same device for 1.5 engines for 999 eur?!

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Do any other tuners have maps for this engine yet? If ABT are the only ones with a map ready to go that could explain the high price. They will probably have had early access and assistance from VAG.

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
Abt (many years ago...) would have meant something, like others as Revo... does anyone knew that Revo was an Audi Tuner and 'endorsed' if this is the right word in their time. Check this link: https://www.onlyrevo.com/blog/the-history-of-revo/

I know Abt and what it did on different championships (mainly DTM and Formula E as satellite teams from Audi) but IMHO aren't on their right mind if the best they can do for a car is a simply piggyback module, lowering 35mm (and expecting the kinematics of suspension to be impacted for the bad) for such price... and impacting the factory warranty and needing a supplementary one (for a nice quantity of money, btw).

No way, maybe some will have wet dreams about them but.. not my preferred cup of tea there.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks. Thats a shame. So only option is to wait for 400hp version or after market upgrade and void warranty.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.