ACC Front Sensor Error? No sensor view

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Hi guys,

I was driving and when I entered a tunnel i got an error message ACC front assis no sensor view. It was an orange message. Everything was fine except ACC didnt work (and by default no cruise control in the car except acc). I parked on the side and restarted the car and it was gone.

Anyone got similar message?

Tell

Staff member
Pre face, probably post, it's when rain is about. It blocks the radar. It monitors for the bounce back, too much water sets the error off. Generally it dries off but obviously if you drive by ACC an issue and you dont have front protect when that message comes up. Parking / restarting may cause a recalibration but if you dont it does clear eventually.

rnortey

Sep 1, 2017
london
Pre face, probably post, it's when rain is about. It blocks the radar. It monitors for the bounce back, too much water sets the error off. Generally it dries off but obviously if you drive by ACC an issue and you dont have front protect when that message comes up. Parking / restarting may cause a recalibration but if you dont it does clear eventually.
Thank you for letting us know about the workings of the ACC. I’m new to this system and I have encountered some problems with my car.
It all started intermittently about 11 to 12 months ago. Whilst in traffic my car will not move with both handbrake and auto hold lights on. I’ll have to manually disengage them before moving. Then recently the car started braking on an A road. This unnerved me. Has anybody encountered this problem?

Tell

Staff member
On the latter, bends and high banks can cause an issue if it thinks your current direction is going to cause a collision. Over growth can be an issue at this time if year. Probably need your dealer to re adjust it if over reacting. I get the warning sometimes but not the braking that's the next step up. The latter Ive had when its been required... jjust a bit liberal with warnings at times when it guesses your direction and speed isn't going to be corrected or a false radar reading by turning lorries on the side of the road that spook a warning.

Reactions: rnortey

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
Thank you for letting us know about the workings of the ACC. I’m new to this system and I have encountered some problems with my car.
It all started intermittently about 11 to 12 months ago. Whilst in traffic my car will not move with both handbrake and auto hold lights on. I’ll have to manually disengage them before moving. Then recently the car started braking on an A road. This unnerved me. Has anybody encountered this problem?
It should only really brake if there's a car in front which it thinks you're going to hit. You should get a big red alert on the dash simultaneously. Recently on some overgrown welsh lanes I had issues reversing but not driving forwards, and so hedges/banks shouldn't cause you an issue unless the calibration is wrong (or you really were going to crash). It's something which really should only come in for the 0.1% of situations. I can think of 4/5 alerts in the 18 months I've had my car, of which 2/3 were unnecessary and 2 were helpful.

Reactions: Tell and rnortey

rnortey

Sep 1, 2017
london
It should only really brake if there's a car in front which it thinks you're going to hit. You should get a big red alert on the dash simultaneously. Recently on some overgrown welsh lanes I had issues reversing but not driving forwards, and so hedges/banks shouldn't cause you an issue unless the calibration is wrong (or you really were going to crash). It's something which really should only come in for the 0.1% of situations. I can think of 4/5 alerts in the 18 months I've had my car, of which 2/3 were unnecessary and 2 were helpful.
My issue is, my car turns to brake without warning with no obstacles in front. This is intermittent.

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
My issue is, my car turns to brake without warning with no obstacles in front. This is intermittent.
Doesn't sound normal to me. Get it checked out. If there's a radar/system error, the auto braking shouldn't work to avoid this. Hopefully you're in warranty and it will get sorted.

Tell

Staff member
No it shouldn't do that. As said it only really slams the brakes on if you are going to hit something... codriver plane spotting around Frankfurt airport was one with stationary traffic in front or a sudden traffic jam ahead whilst checking for oncoming traffic from a roundabout on the right. The rest are just the red flashes where it's getting ready to slam the brakes on.... those hedgerows and high banks and the turning lorry off the main road that confused the radar.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise