Adding OIl

coulthard67

Hello all, I have a 06 plate FR TDI which has only covered 4800mls. On checking the dipstick yesterday the mark is at the lowest point on the dipstick. I have purchase the correct oil from my local specailist. Is it easy to top up and will it only need a little. Just a bit worried as i see a lot people saying that if the garage find out they will use this against any warranty claims??

Any help would be great

craig-pd130

May 7, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
As long as you're sure it's the correct oil as per the manual (it'll be one of these: VAG 505.01 / 506.01 / 507.00) then it's fine to top up.

Do add it slowly though , on my Passat PD130 it only takes about a quarter of a litre to go from the middle of the dipstick markings to the very top.

Pour maybe 200ml, wait a couple of mins, check the dipstick, then repeat until it's at the top marking on the stick.

coulthard67

Just a big crap bag mate. Its not even a year old and is due a service in two months but have few long journeys to make and dont want to leave the level that low

woodyTDI

Jan 29, 2007
Essex
I have just hot that low level and i topped it up today with millers stuff, is it any good? it is the right spec gows £8.00

So its normal for them to use abit of oil?

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
They will use a bit of oil untill they have been run in and after that the should fine. My girlfriends Fabia vRS used a bit of oil for the first maybe 1000 to 2000 miles but then I drove it, i.e. full throttle and used the revs and now at 26,000 miles it hardly uses any.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members