Advice needed

Dec 26, 2020
Hi. Bought a 2010 desiel seat leon less than a month ago. The car was driving great. Really straight and solid. Then I was on the motorway last week and one of the injectors popped out spilling desiel on the road. The macanic repaired it with an insert as a new thread could not be made as it had been done before. The machanic told me to get rid as its going to go again. Does this make sense? Is there anything I can do? New engine etc.
Cheers in advance for any help you peeps can offer

Mike1989

Jul 30, 2017
Milton Keynes
Sounds like a poor repair before hand if thats the case. Really could do with properly helicoiling the thread so its firm and holds. Depending on the condition of the existing threads as to how easy that will be. Had this on a vivaro that had shot an injector out the cylinder head. Luckily I was able to clean the threads and insert a new bolt which has held perfectly. Hope you get this sorted. If the head has been damaged or badly repaired then a recon head would make sense

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Dec 26, 2020
Sounds like a poor repair before hand if thats the case. Really could do with properly helicoiling the thread so its firm and holds. Depending on the condition of the existing threads as to how easy that will be. Had this on a vivaro that had shot an injector out the cylinder head. Luckily I was able to clean the threads and insert a new bolt which has held perfectly. Hope you get this sorted. If the head has been damaged or badly repaired then a recon head would make sense

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Cheers. The mechanic says it will need a new engine if it happens again. £2000 fitted. What is the head that u mentioned?

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
The cylinder head is the top part of the engine that holds the valve train and the injectors. It is bolted to the engine block with very strong bolts. Mike is correct, you do not need a new engine if you have a stripped thread in the head.

Dec 26, 2020
That's great news guys. The mechanic told me this which sounded extreme. 2000 too. Think he's having me over. Gonna take it to another garage with this information. Thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.