Advice on exhaust and dumpvalve

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Hey guys, looking for a new exhaust for my remapped ibiza fr tdi, i left a message on awesome gti for a new exhaust. I'm totally clueless on the exhaust sytems front. So was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a new exhaust for my car. I've heard of possible loss of back pressure and power loss, so defo dont want that lol! A bit of gain would be nice but not a necessity, also was looking at a dumpvalve for the car, but also heard this can cause a power loss. In honesty i have no idea tho. Can any of you shed some light on both exhaust and dumpvalves for the ibiza fr tdi? Also if anyone has any prices on the items approximatly that would be great cheers. Just looking to further mod my beeza

Jun 21, 2008
Wolverhampton
dump valves aren't for dieasels mate. they need vacuum to work and your car doesnt have it. you'd be looking at the best part of £200 for one and it just makes a nice noise!

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
BIGG... Check my reply in our section regarding your exhaust that you asked about already, as for the dump valve - well truss has already summed it up really. Forge were the only company to list a diesel dump valve. It was there purely to make a noise and had no performance benefit. Also, it was over the £300 mark IIRC when you had the valve, control unit etc and VAT!