Advice required ....... £1k to spend

jenkz

Folks,

As the title suggests, I've got roughly £1k to spend on the car and was wondering what people would suggest spending the cash on .......

The car is standard (except for a nice flashy tax disk holder) and I've read up on the dogbone mounts, short shift kits, etc and am also interested in getting it Revo'd, so the question is:

What is the best way to spend £1k on a Cupra R ??

On another point, how much should a stealer be charging for supplying and fitting new rear brake pads ?

Cheers
:)

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
Hi, First mods for me would be a nice induction kit such as the BMC cda, a beefy cat back exhaust such as miltek or supersprint, then a Forge 007P diverter valve and finally a nice remap to make the most of your mods!

You may be looking slighty over budget with these tho!

bmc cda = £150 - £180
forge DV = £90
zoost = £300 - £400
remap = £500 - £600

total = £1040 - £1270

HTH

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Forge DV - £80
Green Panel Filter £42
Revo - £586
DB bushes - £30
EIP short shifter (Street) - £150

£888

+maybe some fancy bits...

A pillar + Boost guage (good for info) - £85
Fabia Rear Wiper - £25

This all depends on what else you plan on spending but if its not much and you want to get the best out of your £1k then this is what I suggest.

Last edited:

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
BeeSix said:
Forge DV - £80
Green Panel Filter £42
Revo - £586
DB bushes - £30

£888

Fabia Rear Wiper - £25

Totally agree with the above, maybe you should budget for a pair of front tyres too ;)

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Fidge said:
miltek or supersprint
zoorst = £300 - £400

For an LCR?.....unlikely

Besides it's really not worth spending up on the LCR exhaust unless your going big turbo 300bhp+

I agree with Beesix's list although I'd still buy the full EIP dog bone engine mount £85 rather than just poweflex bushes....just my preference

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Nevermind spending all this money on a perfectly capable car - it will cost a pile of cash extra for the insurance alone!

Just treat it to a professional valet & polish or something. then just spend the rest of the cash on food, drink and loose women.

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Def a remap
Forge DV £64.40 + VAT with us.
Air filter to go with it will make the whole drivability of the car.
That will give the performance that you want.
Then you could start to think about the handling.
As for the brakes Brembo`s as standard are quite good.
Just make sure that they are in good condition.
But that is just a start...........
Sarah

transporter

Jul 30, 2004
CLAY LAND
personally Id go for the remap and the short shift , thats all ive done around big mods everything else has been cosmetic , like a fabia wiper etc

quote-

Besides it's really not worth spending up on the LCR exhaust unless your going big turbo 300bhp+

although I'd still buy the full EIP dog bone engine mount £85 rather than just poweflex bushes....just my preference

Its ur choice marrow at the end of the day

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
claudefrog said:
Id go for

Remap
Filter
and uprated DV

keep the rest of the cash for another day :)
seems good advice to me. but a word of warning, make sure that the map is done locally by a recommended company, its all very well taking a day out for a long trip to get that cheap or 'best' map, but doing so again maybe more than a little impractical.
cheers.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
BeeSix said:
Forge DV - £80
Green Panel Filter £42
Revo - £586
DB bushes - £30

£888

+maybe some fancy bits...

A pillar + Boost guage (good for info) - £85
Fabia Rear Wiper - £25

This all depends on what else you plan on spending but if its not much and you want to get the best out of your £1k then this is what I suggest.

I'd agree with that, but I'd also suggested a 25mm rear ARB (£175?) POSSIBLY in place of the Green Panel.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members